[R] strange error in mtrace

Wladimir Eremeev
Dear useRs,

I am experiencing very strange error with Mark Bravington's package "debug".
I haven't seen them before.

Here is the sample session

> library(debug)
MVBUTILS: no "tasks" vector found in ROOT
> x<-function() return(1)
> mtrace(x)
> x()
Error in attr(value, "row.names") <- rlabs :
        row names must be 'character' or 'integer', not 'double'
> mtrace(x,FALSE)
> x()
[1] 1
> mtrace(x)
> x()
Error in attr(value, "row.names") <- rlabs :
        row names must be 'character' or 'integer', not 'double'

This happened with any function, which I tried to debug.

I use R 2.4.0 on Linux and on Windows.

debug version is 1.1.0,
mvbutils version is  1.1.1

on both systems.

Linux R was compiled from sources.

The packages were installed from the Internet repositories using install.packages
function on both systems.

update.packages only asks for repository for current session, and does
nothing, which means, that everything is of the latest version.

What could be wrong?

---
Best regards,
Vladimir                mailto:[hidden email]

Re: [R] strange error in mtrace

Francisco J. Zagmutt
I vaguely remember seeing a bug report for the debug library a few days ago
but I can't find the thread. I think it was a compatibility issue with 2.4.0
but the mantainer was already working on it. Maybe somebody else can provide
a link to the specific posting?

I am sorry I can't be of more assistance.

Best regards,

Francisco

Dr. Francisco J. Zagmutt
College of Veterinary Medicine and Biomedical Sciences
Colorado State University