R studio server vs R server and Small computer to run R

R studio server vs R server and Small computer to run R

John Sorkin
Please forgive my resending this help request. I sent it two days ago. To date I have not received any responses.
Thank you,
John

I am looking for a small computer low power that I make available on the web that will run R studio server or R server

1) can anyone recommend a computer?

2) can anyone let me know the advantages and disadvantages of R studio server and R server?

Thank you

John

John David Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.

Professor of Medicine

Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics

University of Maryland School of Medicine Division of Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine

Baltimore VA Medical Center

10 North Greene Street

GRECC (BT/18/GR)

Baltimore, MD 21201-1524

(Phone) 410-605-7119

John David Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
Professor of Medicine
Chief, Biostatistics and Informatics
University of Maryland School of Medicine Division of Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine
Baltimore VA Medical Center
10 North Greene Street
GRECC (BT/18/GR)
Baltimore, MD 21201-1524
(Phone) 410-605-7119

Confidentiality Statement:
This email message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Re: R studio server vs R server and Small computer to run R

Marc Schwartz-3

> On Jan 18, 2017, at 11:03 AM, John Sorkin <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Please forgive my resending this help request. I sent it two days ago. To date I have not received any responses.
> Thank you,
> John
>

> I am looking for a small computer low power that I make available on the web that will run R studio server or R server
>
> 1) can anyone recommend a computer?
>
> 2) can anyone let me know the advantages and disadvantages of R studio server and R server?
>
> Thank you
>
> John

John,

I missed your first post on this, but I suspect that the lack of replies here is due to R Studio having their own support venue:

  https://support.rstudio.com/hc/en-us

and that your query is likely best posted directly to them, since this is not strictly an R question, per se, thus technically off-topic for R-Help.

Regards,

Marc Schwartz

Re: R studio server vs R server and Small computer to run R

John McKown
On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 11:03 AM, John Sorkin <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Please forgive my resending this help request. I sent it two days ago. To
> date I have not received any responses.
> Thank you,
> John
>

> I am looking for a small computer low power that I make available on the
> web that will run R studio server or R server
>
> 1) can anyone recommend a computer?

The Raspberry Pi 3 runs a version of Debian. It is quite small. Mine runs a
BCM2709 processor. That's a
​64 bit ARM processor. HOWEVER! The Debian that I have to run is only 32
bit.  It has 1 GiB of RAM and 32 GiB of flash memory which is the disk. It
runs 1.2 Ghz. It has 4 USB ports so you could plug in a USB connected disk,
if you need more local disk space.

https://www.raspberrypi.org/products/raspberry-pi-3-model-b/

> 2) can anyone let me know the advantages and disadvantages of R studio
> server and R server?

​Sorry, I only use the basic R.

--
There’s no obfuscated Perl contest because it’s pointless.

—Jeff Polk

Maranatha! <><
John McKown

Re: R studio server vs R server and Small computer to run R

Ista Zahn
Hi John,

I don't think this is the right place to find information about
RStudio or Microsoft products. If you re-phrase the question in terms
of what you want to accomplish rather than whether RStudio or
Microsoft is better perhaps people here will give you some
suggestions.

Best,
Ista