R2wd- how to open an existing document

Felipe Carrillo
Hi:
How can one open an existing word document with wdGet()
I am getting an error message when trying to open it like this:
wdGet(filename="myDoc.doc",path="c/mydata")
Looking at Tal Galili's website example it appears that double backslashes
are used but i tried it and didn't work either. Thanks

Felipe D. Carrillo
Supervisory Fishery Biologist
Department of the Interior
US Fish & Wildlife Service
California, USA

Re: R2wd- how to open an existing document

Erik Iverson-3
Having no clue about the specifics here, but what about:

wdGet(filename = "myDoc.doc", path = "c:/mydata")

You are leaving out what "didn't work" means.

What error are you receiving?

Felipe Carrillo wrote:

> Hi:
> How can one open an existing word document with wdGet()
> I am getting an error message when trying to open it like this:
> wdGet(filename="myDoc.doc",path="c/mydata")
> Looking at Tal Galili's website example it appears that double backslashes
> are used but i tried it and didn't work either. Thanks
>
> Felipe D. Carrillo
> Supervisory Fishery Biologist
> Department of the Interior
> US Fish & Wildlife Service
> California, USA

Re: R2wd- how to open an existing document

Felipe Carrillo
Hi:
I am doing exactly that but I still get the following error message:

Error in if (!(tmp[["ActiveDocument"]][["Name"]] == filename))
tmp$Open(paste("path",  :

  argument is of length zero