RBloomberg: Error in process.result(result, "first.column")

RBloomberg: Error in process.result(result, "first.column")

Scott.Lyden

Hi, folks.

First, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the many people on this list who have contributed so much to R.

I've been using RBloomberg happily for a few weeks now. Today, with no change in my environment that I'm aware of, I've encountered a strange error.

The following self-contained example reproduces the error at will in my environment ...

library(RBloomberg)
conn<-blpConnect()
d81<-"2011-11-01"
sTime<-"00:00:00.000"
eTime<-"23:59:00.000"
barLen<-"60"
# works ...
bar(conn, "TD CN Equity", "BID", paste(d81,sTime), paste(d81,eTime), barLen)
# change date ...
d81<-"2011-06-01"
# Error in process.result(result, "first.column") : subscript out of bounds ...
bar(conn, "TD CN Equity", "BID", paste(d81,sTime), paste(d81,eTime), barLen)

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.13.1 (2011-07-08)
Platform: x86_64-pc-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252 LC_CTYPE=English_United States.1252 LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252
[4] LC_NUMERIC=C LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:
[1] stats graphics grDevices utils datasets methods base

other attached packages:
[1] RBloomberg_0.4-150 rJava_0.9-2

[1] tools_2.13.1

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott Lyden
Global Trading Research
Instinet
San Francisco, CA USA

<<<Disclaimer>>>

In compliance with applicable rules and regulations, Instinet

reviews and archives incoming and outgoing email communications,

copies of which may be produced at the request of regulators.

This message is intended only for the personal and confidential

use of the recipients named above. If the reader of this email

is not the intended recipient, you have received this email in

error and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying is

strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error,

please notify the sender immediately by return email and

permanently delete the copy you received.

Instinet accepts no liability for any content contained in the

email, or any errors or omissions arising as a result of email

transmission. Any opinions contained in this email constitute

the sender's best judgment at this time and are subject to change

without notice. Instinet does not make recommendations of a

particular security and the information contained in this email

should not be considered as a recommendation, an offer or a

solicitation of an offer to buy and sell securities.

Re: [SPAM] - RBloomberg: Error in process.result(result, "first.column") - Email found in subject

David Reiner

Bloomberg allows going only so far in the past for intraday data

(50 trading days, I thought, although your query works for any date after 2001-09-11.)

HTH,

-- David

First, I'd like to take this opportunity to thank the many people on this list who have contributed so much to R.

I've been using RBloomberg happily for a few weeks now. Today, with no change in my environment that I'm aware of, I've encountered a strange error.

The following self-contained example reproduces the error at will in my environment ...

library(RBloomberg)
conn<-blpConnect()
d81<-"2011-11-01"
sTime<-"00:00:00.000"
eTime<-"23:59:00.000"
barLen<-"60"
# works ...
bar(conn, "TD CN Equity", "BID", paste(d81,sTime), paste(d81,eTime), barLen)
# change date ...
d81<-"2011-06-01"
# Error in process.result(result, "first.column") : subscript out of bounds ...
bar(conn, "TD CN Equity", "BID", paste(d81,sTime), paste(d81,eTime), barLen)

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.13.1 (2011-07-08)
Platform: x86_64-pc-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252 LC_CTYPE=English_United States.1252 LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252
[4] LC_NUMERIC=C LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:
[1] stats graphics grDevices utils datasets methods base

other attached packages:
[1] RBloomberg_0.4-150 rJava_0.9-2

[1] tools_2.13.1

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

Scott Lyden
Global Trading Research
Instinet
San Francisco, CA USA

<<<Disclaimer>>>

In compliance with applicable rules and regulations, Instinet

reviews and archives incoming and outgoing email communications,

copies of which may be produced at the request of regulators.

This message is intended only for the personal and confidential

use of the recipients named above. If the reader of this email

is not the intended recipient, you have received this email in

error and any review, dissemination, distribution or copying is

strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error,

please notify the sender immediately by return email and

permanently delete the copy you received.

Instinet accepts no liability for any content contained in the

email, or any errors or omissions arising as a result of email

transmission. Any opinions contained in this email constitute

the sender's best judgment at this time and are subject to change

without notice. Instinet does not make recommendations of a

particular security and the information contained in this email

should not be considered as a recommendation, an offer or a

solicitation of an offer to buy and sell securities.

This e-mail and any materials attached hereto, including, without limitation, all content hereof and thereof (collectively, "XR Content") are confidential and proprietary to XR Trading LLC ("XR") and/or its affiliates, and are protected by intellectual property laws.  Without the prior written consent of XR, the XR Content may not (i) be disclosed to any third party or (ii) be reproduced or otherwise used by anyone other than current employees of XR or its affiliates, on behalf of XR or its affiliates.

THE XR CONTENT IS PROVIDED AS IS, WITHOUT REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND.  TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, XR HEREBY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS AND IMPLIED, RELATING TO THE XR CONTENT, AND NEITHER XR NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES SHALL IN ANY EVENT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL AND PUNITIVE DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS AND TRADING LOSSES, RESULTING FROM ANY PERSON’S USE OR RELIANCE UPON, OR INABILITY TO USE, ANY XR CONTENT, EVEN IF XR IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR IF SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE.