RExcel

array chip
Hi, I am installing Excel using package "RExcelInstaller". When I tried to run

installRExcel()

I got this error message:

You don not have the R package rcom installed.
The (D)COM server installed which will aloow you to use the background server in
RExcel.
Since rcom is not installed, foreground mode will be unavailable.

You may continue with the installation, but in most circumstances you probably
should cancel current installation, install the package rcom properly (do not
forget to run the commands
  library(rcom)
  comRegisterRegistry()
immediately after installation)
and after that run this installer once again

But rcom package was installed without any problem, somehow the installer keeps
saying that rcom is not installed.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

John

> sessionInfo()
R version 2.12.2 (2011-02-25)
Platform: i386-pc-mingw32/i386 (32-bit)

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252
[2] LC_CTYPE=English_United States.1252
[3] LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252
[4] LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

attached base packages:

other attached packages:
[1] RExcelInstaller_3.1-13 rcom_2.2-3.1           rscproxy_1.3-1

[1] tools_2.12.2

Re: RExcel

Jonathan P Daily
It is asking the obvious, but did you run the commands from the rcom
package after installation (see inline ***s)?
--------------------------------------
Jonathan P. Daily
Technician - USGS Leetown Science Center
11649 Leetown Road
Kearneysville WV, 25430
(304) 724-4480
"Is the room still a room when its empty? Does the room,
 the thing itself have purpose? Or do we, what's the word... imbue it."
     - Jubal Early, Firefly

************************************
************************************

> immediately after installation)
> and after that run this installer once again
>

> But rcom package was installed without any problem, somehow the
> installer keeps
> saying that rcom is not installed.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
>
> John
>
> > sessionInfo()
> R version 2.12.2 (2011-02-25)
> Platform: i386-pc-mingw32/i386 (32-bit)
>
> locale:
> [1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252
> [2] LC_CTYPE=English_United States.1252
> [3] LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252
> [4] LC_NUMERIC=C
> [5] LC_TIME=English_United States.1252
>
> attached base packages:
> [1] stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods   base
>
> other attached packages:
> [1] RExcelInstaller_3.1-13 rcom_2.2-3.1           rscproxy_1.3-1

> [1] tools_2.12.2

Re: RExcel

array chip
Yes, I did, and no error message. And comRegisterRegistry() returns NULL, not
sure if that matters

John

________________________________

************************************
************************************

> immediately after installation)
> and after that run this installer once again
>

> But rcom package was installed without any problem, somehow the
> installer keeps
> saying that rcom is not installed.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks
>
> John
>
> > sessionInfo()
> R version 2.12.2 (2011-02-25)
> Platform: i386-pc-mingw32/i386 (32-bit)
>
> locale:
> [1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252
> [2] LC_CTYPE=English_United States.1252
> [3] LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252
> [4] LC_NUMERIC=C
> [5] LC_TIME=English_United States.1252
>
> attached base packages:
> [1] stats     graphics  grDevices utils     datasets  methods   base
>
> other attached packages:
> [1] RExcelInstaller_3.1-13 rcom_2.2-3.1           rscproxy_1.3-1

> [1] tools_2.12.2

Re: RExcel

Erich Neuwirth
rcom has its own mailing list.