RGtk2:::gdkColorToString throws an error

RGtk2:::gdkColorToString throws an error

Wincent
Dear all,

I try to use RGtk2:::gdkColorToString, but it throws an error:
Error in .RGtkCall("S_gdk_color_to_string", object, PACKAGE = "RGtk2") :
  gdk_color_to_string exists only in Gdk >= 2.12.0

I know what it means, but don't know to solve this problem because I
don't know where I can download the referred gdk library. Any
information? Thank you.

--
HUANG Ronggui, Wincent
Doctoral Candidate

Re: RGtk2:::gdkColorToString throws an error

Michael Lawrence
Hi and sorry for the late reply. The Gdk library is part of the GTK+ bundle
(GTK+, Gdk and GdkPixbuf are distributed together and have synchronized
versions). So you'll just need GTK+ 2.12 or higher.

Michael

On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 8:16 AM, Ronggui Huang <[hidden email]>wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I try to use RGtk2:::gdkColorToString, but it throws an error:
> Error in .RGtkCall("S_gdk_color_to_string", object, PACKAGE = "RGtk2") :
>  gdk_color_to_string exists only in Gdk >= 2.12.0
>
> I know what it means, but don't know to solve this problem because I
> don't know where I can download the referred gdk library. Any
> information? Thank you.
>
> --
> HUANG Ronggui, Wincent
> Doctoral Candidate
> Dept of Public and Social Administration
> City University of Hong Kong
> Home page: http://asrr.r-forge.r-project.org/rghuang.html

Re: RGtk2:::gdkColorToString throws an error

Wincent
Dear Michael, thanks. I have installed gtk+ 2-12.9 revision 2 from
http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net/, it still doesn't work.
I tried gtk2-runtime-2.16.6-2010-02-24-ash.exe from
http://gtk-win.sourceforge.net/home/index.php/en/Downloads, it did not
solve the issue neither.

Could you please give me more hints?  My OS is windows vista.

Regards

Ronggui

On 26 October 2009 23:27, Michael Lawrence <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi and sorry for the late reply. The Gdk library is part of the GTK+ bundle
> (GTK+, Gdk and GdkPixbuf are distributed together and have synchronized
> versions). So you'll just need GTK+ 2.12 or higher.
>
> Michael
>
> On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 8:16 AM, Ronggui Huang <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Dear all,
>>
>> I try to use RGtk2:::gdkColorToString, but it throws an error:
>> Error in .RGtkCall("S_gdk_color_to_string", object, PACKAGE = "RGtk2") :
>>  gdk_color_to_string exists only in Gdk >= 2.12.0
>>
>> I know what it means, but don't know to solve this problem because I
>> don't know where I can download the referred gdk library. Any
>> information? Thank you.
>>
>> --
>> HUANG Ronggui, Wincent
>> Doctoral Candidate
>> Dept of Public and Social Administration
>> City University of Hong Kong
>> Home page: http://asrr.r-forge.r-project.org/rghuang.html

--
Wincent Ronggui HUANG
Doctoral Candidate
Dept of Public and Social Administration
City University of Hong Kong
http://asrr.r-forge.r-project.org/rghuang.html

Re: RGtk2:::gdkColorToString throws an error

Michael Lawrence-3
Actually, the problem is more likely that RGtk2 is not built against GTK+
2.12 on Windows. I assume you're using an up-to-date version of R. I'll ask
Uwe about getting a newer version of GTK+.

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 7:29 PM, Wincent <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear Michael, thanks. I have installed gtk+ 2-12.9 revision 2 from
> http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net/, it still doesn't work.
> I tried gtk2-runtime-2.16.6-2010-02-24-ash.exe from
> http://gtk-win.sourceforge.net/home/index.php/en/Downloads, it did not
> solve the issue neither.
>
> Could you please give me more hints?  My OS is windows vista.
>
> Regards
>
> Ronggui
>
> On 26 October 2009 23:27, Michael Lawrence <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi and sorry for the late reply. The Gdk library is part of the GTK+
> bundle
> > (GTK+, Gdk and GdkPixbuf are distributed together and have synchronized
> > versions). So you'll just need GTK+ 2.12 or higher.
> >
> > Michael
> >
> > On Tue, Oct 20, 2009 at 8:16 AM, Ronggui Huang <[hidden email]>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Dear all,
> >>
> >> I try to use RGtk2:::gdkColorToString, but it throws an error:
> >> Error in .RGtkCall("S_gdk_color_to_string", object, PACKAGE = "RGtk2") :
> >>  gdk_color_to_string exists only in Gdk >= 2.12.0
> >>
> >> I know what it means, but don't know to solve this problem because I
> >> don't know where I can download the referred gdk library. Any
> >> information? Thank you.
> >>
> >> --
> >> HUANG Ronggui, Wincent
> >> Doctoral Candidate
> >> Dept of Public and Social Administration
> >> City University of Hong Kong
> >> Home page: http://asrr.r-forge.r-project.org/rghuang.html
> >

> --
> Wincent Ronggui HUANG
> Doctoral Candidate
> Dept of Public and Social Administration
> City University of Hong Kong
> http://asrr.r-forge.r-project.org/rghuang.html

Re: RGtk2:::gdkColorToString throws an error

Uwe Ligges-3

On 13.03.2010 14:00, Michael Lawrence wrote:
> Actually, the problem is more likely that RGtk2 is not built against GTK+
> 2.12 on Windows. I assume you're using an up-to-date version of R. I'll ask
> Uwe about getting a newer version of GTK+.

This actually is GTK+ > 2.12.0.
We can try to upgrade, but that tunred out to be not very easy in the past.

Uwe

> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 7:29 PM, Wincent<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>
>> Dear Michael, thanks. I have installed gtk+ 2-12.9 revision 2 from
>> http://gladewin32.sourceforge.net/, it still doesn't work.
>> I tried gtk2-runtime-2.16.6-2010-02-24-ash.exe from
>> http://gtk-win.sourceforge.net/home/index.php/en/Downloads, it did not
>> solve the issue neither.
>>
>> Could you please give me more hints?  My OS is windows vista.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Ronggui
>>
>> On 26 October 2009 23:27, Michael Lawrence<[hidden email]>  wrote:
>>> Hi and sorry for the late reply. The Gdk library is part of the GTK+
>> bundle
>>> (GTK+, Gdk and GdkPixbuf are distributed together and have synchronized
>>> versions). So you'll just need GTK+ 2.12 or higher.
>>>
>>> Michael

>> --
>> Wincent Ronggui HUANG
>> Doctoral Candidate
>> Dept of Public and Social Administration
>> City University of Hong Kong
>> http://asrr.r-forge.r-project.org/rghuang.html

Re: RGtk2:::gdkColorToString throws an error

Wincent
Thanks, both of you.

Regards
Ronggui