RStudio question

R help mailing list-2
I'm solving the following problem: Create a variable (column) in the “wf”
dataframe named “Zone” that takes value of “tropic” if Latitude is less
than or equal to 30, or “non-tropic” for Latitude greater than 30. Show you
Zone variable. Latitude is a column of my dataframe. I don't know the
sintaxis and the process to create the column.

Re: RStudio question

Peter Dalgaard-2
This list has a no-homework policy. I assume that your teaching material has examples that are sufficiently similar so that you should be able to modify them.

-pd

> On 8 Oct 2020, at 10:10 , Xavier Garcia via R-help <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I'm solving the following problem: Create a variable (column) in the “wf”
> dataframe named “Zone” that takes value of “tropic” if Latitude is less
> than or equal to 30, or “non-tropic” for Latitude greater than 30. Show you
> Zone variable. Latitude is a column of my dataframe. I don't know the
> sintaxis and the process to create the column.

Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501
Office: A 4.23

Re: RStudio question

Rui Barradas

This question looks like a homework question. The posting guide syas that

"Basic statistics and classroom homework: R-help is not intended for these."

I would take a look at

help('cut')  # pay attention to argument labels
help('ifelse')
help('findInterval')

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas