Re: Bar plots with stacked columns marked with askterisks

Re: Bar plots with stacked columns marked with askterisks

Dorothy Cheung
Hi,

I'm trying to plot bar graphs with stacked columns marked with
askterisks for certain columns, which follow certain criteria.

I've gotten the stacked bar plots with Data set A (please refer to
code below).  However, I haven't figured how to put asterisks on
columns based on some extra information (such as "used/unused") as in
Data set B i.e.  asterisks at the top of the Index1 and Index3 columns.

---- R code ----
title = 'frequency'
filename = 'testdata2.txt'
sample_output = 'sequences'
# read in data
my.data <- read.delim(filename, sep="\t")

# data from second column onward
my.dataM <- my.data[,2:ncol(my.data)]
# rownames in first column
rownames <- my.data[,1]

# define colours for the categories
col
=
("red
","orange
","yellow
","green
","violet
","cyan","blue","pink","peachpuff","tomato","seagreen","salmon")
my.dataNcol <- ncol(my.data[,2:ncol(my.data)])
my.dataColour <- col[1:my.dataNcol]

# a bar plot with stacked bars
if  (is.null(sample_output)) {
        pdf( "BarPlot.pdf")
} else {
     pdf(file=paste("BarPlot_", sample_output, ".pdf", sep="")) }
barplot(as.matrix(my.dataM),
   main=title,
   legend=rownames,
   col=c(my.dataColour)
)
dev.off()

------Dataset A: data used with code above------
"" "Index1" "Index2" "Index3"
"matched" 0.819 0.174 0.007
"errors" 0.619 0.314 0.067
"unmatched" 0.479 0.385 0.136

------Dataset B: data intended to use -----
--(last row "used/unused" for determining whether to mark column with
asterisk or not)---
"" "Index1" "Index2" "Index3"
"matched" 0.819 0.174 0.007
"errors" 0.619 0.314 0.067