Re: Help needed in reproducing a plot

jholtman
Looks like a typical plot produced using the 'lattice' package.  There
is plenty of documentation on the use of the package.  Run some of the
examples.

On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 10:43 AM, syrvn <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>

> can anybody tell me how to produce a plot like the one in
>
> http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/lme4/vignettes/Implementation.pdf
>
> on page 13, Figure 6?
>
> The data is stored in:
>
> library(nlme)
> data(Oats)
>

> Cheers

Jim Holtman
Data Munger Guru

Re: Help needed in reproducing a plot

djmuseR
Hi:

This looks like the one:

library('lattice')
data(Oats, package = 'MEMSS')
print(xyplot(yield ~ nitro | Block, Oats, groups = Variety, type = c("g", "b"),
             auto.key = list(lines = TRUE, space = 'top', columns = 3),
             xlab = "Nitrogen concentration (cwt/acre)",
             ylab = "Yield (bushels/acre)",
             aspect = 'xy'))

Look at the source code of the implementation document in the same
place that you found the pdf. I found it from the html help page for
the lme4 package, but there are other places you could find it.) The
code for the plots in the document are contained therein.

Dennis