Re: Monetary support to the R-project (Was: Re: Executable for Production Use)

Re: Monetary support to the R-project (Was: Re: Executable for Production Use)

Henrik Bengtsson
On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 8:46 PM, Barry Rowlingson
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 6:44 PM, Ma Ismail - NewYork-MEAG-NY
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> A few of the developers on our Quant team are using R for data calculation and to generate a

[snip]

>  I've noticed a lot of financial corporates getting into R and getting
> free help from R-help. From now on, I'm charging $50 per email to
> answer questions from anyone advertising as a 'quant'. Who do I
> invoice?

For companies and others wondering how to "give something back", it is
possible to support R and the R Foundation either through a donation:

http://www.r-project.org/ -> Foundation -> Donations
[http://www.r-project.org/foundation/donations.html]

or via a membership:

http://www.r-project.org/ -> Foundation -> Membership
[http://www.r-project.org/foundation/membership.html]

or both.

/Henrik

> Barry

Re: Monetary support to the R-project (Was: Re: Executable for Production Use)

jaropis
I would have become a member a long time ago if the money transfer
process was more standard. I am not comfortable sending the details of
my credit card via snail-mail or fax. Perhaps you could set up a
proper Internet service or give people the chance to pay by paypal? I
realize that could mean some initial outlay, but maybe it would be
worth your while?

jarek p

Henrik Bengtsson wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 8:46 PM, Barry Rowlingson
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 6:44 PM, Ma Ismail - NewYork-MEAG-NY
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> A few of the developers on our Quant team are using R for data
>>> calculation and to generate a
>
> [snip]
>
>> I've noticed a lot of financial corporates getting into R and
getting
>> free help from R-help. From now on, I'm charging $50 per email to
>> answer questions from anyone advertising as a 'quant'. Who do I
>> invoice?
>
> For companies and others wondering how to "give something back", it
is
> possible to support R and the R Foundation either through a
donation:

> http://www.r-project.org/ -> Foundation -> Donations
> [http://www.r-project.org/foundation/donations.html]
>
> or via a membership:
>
> http://www.r-project.org/ -> Foundation -> Membership
> [http://www.r-project.org/foundation/membership.html]
>
> or both.
>
> /Henrik
>

>> Barry

>> minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.

Re: Monetary support to the R-project (Was: Re: Executable for Production Use)

Tal Galili
I would second the request/ be curious to know if this might be implemented.

Tal

----------------Contact
Contact me: [hidden email] |  972-52-7275845
www.r-statistics.com (English)

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 1:26 AM, Jaroslaw Piskorski <[hidden email]>wrote:

> I would have become a member a long time ago if the money transfer
> process was more standard. I am not comfortable sending the details of
> my credit card via snail-mail or fax. Perhaps you could set up a
> proper Internet service or give people the chance to pay by paypal? I
> realize that could mean some initial outlay, but maybe it would be
> worth your while?
>
> jarek p
>
> Henrik Bengtsson wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 8:46 PM, Barry Rowlingson
> > <[hidden email]> wrote:

> > [snip]
> >
> >> I've noticed a lot of financial corporates getting into R and
> getting
> >> free help from R-help. From now on, I'm charging $50 per email to
> >> answer questions from anyone advertising as a 'quant'. Who do I
> >> invoice?
> >
> > For companies and others wondering how to "give something back", it
> is
> > possible to support R and the R Foundation either through a
> donation:
> >
> > http://www.r-project.org/ -> Foundation -> Donations
> > [http://www.r-project.org/foundation/donations.html]
> >
> > or via a membership:
> >
> > http://www.r-project.org/ -> Foundation -> Membership
> > [http://www.r-project.org/foundation/membership.html]
> >
> > or both.
> >
> > /Henrik
> >

> >> Barry

> >> minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.

Re: Monetary support to the R-project (Was: Re: Executable for Production Use)

Xu Wang
I am still interested in this. Is there no way to pay directly online? via paypal or other?

Thanks,

Xu

Re: Monetary support to the R-project (Was: Re: Executable for Production Use)

Uwe Ligges-3
On 15.12.2011 04:09, Xu Wang wrote:
> I am still interested in this. Is there no way to pay directly online? via
> paypal or other?

No.

Uwe Ligges