Re: Subscribe to Post

SHIVI BHATIA
Dear Team,

Kindly look into the same at the earliest.

Regards, Shivi

Re: Subscribe to Post

Jeff Newmiller
You have managed to send an email to the list. That means users like you saw your message, but we are not going to "look into" anything for you.

You might find [1] helpful.  You definitely should read the Posting Guide (mentioned in the footer below) and learn to look through the archives [2] (mentioned in the listinfo link in the email footer) to see what you and other people have successfully posted to the list before you post in the future.

[1] http://www.livinginternet.com/l/lu.htm
[2] https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/

On December 25, 2015 10:33:55 PM PST, SHIVI BHATIA <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Dear Team,
>

>Kindly look into the same at the earliest.
>

>Regards, Shivi

John McKown
Yes. This is an _email_ group. It is not a web based discussion group.
There is an "archive" of emails somewhere around, but the proper (at least
IMO) way to ask a new question is to send a new email. A bit "old
fashioned", but in many way it is simpler for people on many different
types of computers (some of us are not Windows people!) to communicate.

And, very important, be sure to post in plain text. Avoid HTML encoded
email the the abomination that it is (IMO). They tend to be either ignored,
or replied to in a "corrective" way (i.e. you get a nasty note back for
some people).
​ What this means in most cases is that you cannot insert an "screen print"
as a "picture" (as you did in the email to which I am replying). That will
get nasty-grams. And eventually many of the really good R people will just
ignore you.​

​You can not longer post via Nabble (if you did in the past). It has
"abused" by way to many (the sending of HTML encoded email). ​

On Sun, Dec 27, 2015 at 4:06 AM, SHIVI BHATIA <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Thanks John. Though I am in a fix now. Do I need to send in an email
every time for any help because I can’t find any URL to ask questions?

- it only asks me to change or reset user preference.

--
Computer Science is the only discipline in which we view adding a new wing
to a building as being maintenance -- Jim Horning

Schrodinger's backup: The condition of any backup is unknown until a
restore is attempted.

Yoda of Borg, we are. Futile, resistance is, yes. Assimilated, you will be.

Maranatha! <><
John McKown