Repeated measures in R

GenTOstats
Hey all I am relatively new to analysis in R (and am a geneticist so apologies for rubbish questions ), I have a question regarding repeated measures analysis this was what i have done so far 1)ph<-make.rm(constant=c("sid","pheno1","snp","sex","age"),repeated=c("measure1","measure2"),data=file) 2) i want to analyze aov( repdat ~ pheno1 + snp + pheno1:snp + repdat:snp + repdat:pheno1 + repdat:pheno1:snp + age + sex ) when i use SPSS (GLM repeated measures) it automatically generates the above model for me) But i read that I need to add in the sample ID term together with the Error term to get the correct sum of squares 3) Does this mean i need repdat ~ pheno1 + snp + pheno1:snp + repdat:snp + repdat:pheno1 + repdat:pheno1:snp + age + sex + sid + Error(sid/repdat + pheno1 + snp) to get the correct anova summary? i want to check the threeway interaction between the repeated measures, phenotype and snp Thanks GS