SEM: multigroup model

Amarnath Bose
Dear R Gurus,

I am trying to run a multigroup SEM using Prof. John Fox's SEM package.

The two groups are "Ready to Eat" denoted by RTE and
                            "Ready to Cook" denoted by RTC.

I ran a omnibus CFA on the data of consumer perceptions & preferences and
am satisfied with what I got.

When I tried to do a multigroup SEM - my understanding is limited to the
SEM manual in CRAN - using the code below, I get the following message:
          Error in summary.msemObjectiveML(sem.MG) :
                         no 'dimnames' attribute for array
           Execution halted

The relevant part of my code follows:
mod.mg <- multigroupModel(sbmod.cfa,groups=c("RTC","RTE"))

sem.MG <- sem(mod.mg,data=srt,group="RTind",
          formula = ~ inv + imp + tch + emo + loy + usg + sig + dif + ndif
+
            vda + vdb + vdc + vdd + vde + vdf + vdg + vdh +
            riskT + riskP + riskS + riskFi + riskFu + riskPs

        )
summary(sem.MG)

I was expecting two sets of fit indices for RTE & RTC and want to do an
ANOVA
across the models; as well as possibly check for loading equivalence.

Can somebody please throw some light on where I am making a mistake?

Thanks
Amarnath Bose
--

    *Amarnath Bose*
* **Associate Professor                       *

Re: SEM: multigroup model

John Fox
Dear Amarnath Bose,

There's nothing obviously wrong with the commands that you report -- in
fact, your commands have the same structure as the multigroup SEM example in
?sem -- so the usual advice about including reproducible code producing the
error applies. If you like, you could send me your data and the complete R
script that you used.

Best,
 John

John Fox
Senator McMaster Professor of Social Statistics
Department of Sociology
McMaster University
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada