Save a plot

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Save a plot

Pedro páramo
Hi all I want to save a code on a png but it saves me a png with 0k
(nothing on the plot) but I see it on R-Studio. No error is happening, what
should be happening?

Many thanks for your help

library(PerformanceAnalytics)
library(dplyr)
library(tibble)
library(lubridate)
library(PerformanceAnalytics)
library(quantmod)
library(ggplot2)
library(png)
library(grid)
library(RCurl)

Eurostoxx50<-getSymbols(src='yahoo',"^STOXX50E",  env =
parent.frame(),from="2019-12-31")
Ibex35<-getSymbols("^IBEX", env = parent.frame(),from="2019-12-31")
SP500<-getSymbols("^GSPC", env = parent.frame(),from="2019-12-31")
Nasdaq<-getSymbols("^IXIC", env = parent.frame(),from="2019-12-30")

ret <-
na.omit(CalculateReturns(cbind(Cl(IBEX),Cl(STOXX50E),Cl(GSPC),Cl(IXIC))) )
# same as Cl(AAPL)/lag(Cl(AAPL)) - 1))
chart.CumReturns(ret,wealth.index = TRUE,legend.loc = "bottomleft",
yaxis.pct=100)
title("SP500 reval", adj = 0, line = 3, cex.main=1.25)
title("Eco", adj = 0.75, line = -22)
png("plot-1.png", width=1000, height=600)

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-finance
-- Subscriber-posting only. If you want to post, subscribe first.
-- Also note that this is not the r-help list where general R questions should go.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Save a plot

braverock
The problem is that you need to open the png device, call your plots,
and then close the device.  You would do the same e.g. with a pdf.

Try something like this:

##########

library(PerformanceAnalytics)
library(quantmod)
library(png)


png("plot-1.png", width=1000, height=600)
chart.CumReturns(ret,wealth.index = TRUE,legend.loc = "bottomleft",
yaxis.pct=100)
title("SP500 reval", adj = 0, line = 3, cex.main=1.25)
title("Eco", adj = 0.75, line = -22)

dev.off()
##########
On Tue, 2020-07-28 at 22:46 +0200, Pedro páramo wrote:

> Hi all I want to save a code on a png but it saves me a png with
> 0k(nothing on the plot) but I see it on R-Studio. No error is
> happening, whatshould be happening?
> Many thanks for your help
> library(PerformanceAnalytics)library(dplyr)library(tibble)library(lub
> ridate)library(PerformanceAnalytics)library(quantmod)library(ggplot2)
> library(png)library(grid)library(RCurl)
> Eurostoxx50<-getSymbols(src='yahoo',"^STOXX50E",  env
> =parent.frame(),from="2019-12-31")Ibex35<-getSymbols("^IBEX", env =
> parent.frame(),from="2019-12-31")SP500<-getSymbols("^GSPC", env =
> parent.frame(),from="2019-12-31")Nasdaq<-getSymbols("^IXIC", env =
> parent.frame(),from="2019-12-30")
> ret <-
> na.omit(CalculateReturns(cbind(Cl(IBEX),Cl(STOXX50E),Cl(GSPC),Cl(IXIC
> ))) )# same as Cl(AAPL)/lag(Cl(AAPL)) -
> 1))chart.CumReturns(ret,wealth.index = TRUE,legend.loc =
> "bottomleft",yaxis.pct=100)title("SP500 reval", adj = 0, line = 3,
> cex.main=1.25)title("Eco", adj = 0.75, line = -22)png("plot-1.png",
> width=1000, height=600)
> [[alternative HTML version deleted]]
> _______________________________________________R-SIG-Finance@r-
> project.org mailing list
> https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-finance
> -- Subscriber-posting only. If you want to post, subscribe first.--
> Also note that this is not the r-help list where general R questions
> should go.

I also wonder about the multiple calls to title().  chart.CumReturns has a title argument.
--
Brian G. Peterson
ph: +1.773.459.4973
im: bgpbraverock

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

_______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-sig-finance
-- Subscriber-posting only. If you want to post, subscribe first.
-- Also note that this is not the r-help list where general R questions should go.