Save as postScrips latest R version

Camila Estevam
Hi,

I was using the 2.4.1 R version and I had no problem
saving my plots as postScript. Now that I have
installed the latest version 2.6.0 I can not save any
plot as postScript. When I try the following message
appears:

Erro: Invalid font type
Além disso: Warning messages:
1: font family not found in PostScript font database
2: font family not found in PostScript font database

What should I do?

Thank you in advance,

Camila

Camila Pedroso Estevam de Souza
  Mestrado em Estatística - UNICAMP
  Master's Degree Student in Statistics - State University of Campinas

Daily announcements of changes (was: Save as postScrips latest R version)

Duncan Murdoch
It seems people are unaware of the daily announcements of R changes.  If
a change is significant enough to warrant mention in the NEWS file, it
will be announced on one of the lists described here:

http://developer.r-project.org/RSSfeeds.html

These are available as RSS feeds, as the URL suggests.

For changes to R that would show up in R-patched, you would look at one
of the R-2-6-branch listings.

For example, the bug report below is about a bug that was fixed around
October 5, as could be seen here:

http://developer.r-project.org/blosxom.cgi/R-2-6-branch/2007/10/05

Once a fix is announced on that page, it should be available in
R-patched, which can be downloaded from CRAN.  In this case it's a
Windows bug, so you would get R-patched from

cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rpatched.html

(There may be occasional delays in availability, but usually if the
announcements are working, the nightly builds are working.)

Duncan Murdoch

On 11/7/2007 11:43 AM, Camila Estevam wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I was using the 2.4.1 R version and I had no problem
> saving my plots as postScript. Now that I have
> installed the latest version 2.6.0 I can not save any
> plot as postScript. When I try the following message
> appears:
>
> Erro: Invalid font type
> Além disso: Warning messages:
> 1: font family not found in PostScript font database
> 2: font family not found in PostScript font database
>
> What should I do?
>
> Thank you in advance,
>
> Camila
>
> Camila Pedroso Estevam de Souza
>   Mestrado em Estatística - UNICAMP
>   Master's Degree Student in Statistics - State University of Campinas

Re: Daily announcements of changes (was: Save as postScrips latest R version)

Camila Estevam
Hi Professor Murdoch

Thank you very much for your reply,

I really did not know about the daily announcements.
Next time I will check them. I will install the
R-patched and let you know if it works.

Thanks again,

Camila

--- Duncan Murdoch <[hidden email]> escreveu:

> It seems people are unaware of the daily
> announcements of R changes.  If
> a change is significant enough to warrant mention in
> the NEWS file, it
> will be announced on one of the lists described
> here:
>
> http://developer.r-project.org/RSSfeeds.html
>
> These are available as RSS feeds, as the URL
> suggests.
>
> For changes to R that would show up in R-patched,
> you would look at one
> of the R-2-6-branch listings.
>
> For example, the bug report below is about a bug
> that was fixed around
> October 5, as could be seen here:

http://developer.r-project.org/blosxom.cgi/R-2-6-branch/2007/10/05

> Once a fix is announced on that page, it should be
> available in
> R-patched, which can be downloaded from CRAN.  In
> this case it's a
> Windows bug, so you would get R-patched from
>
> cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/base/rpatched.html
>
> (There may be occasional delays in availability, but
> usually if the
> announcements are working, the nightly builds are
> working.)
>
> Duncan Murdoch
>
> On 11/7/2007 11:43 AM, Camila Estevam wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was using the 2.4.1 R version and I had no
> problem
> > saving my plots as postScript. Now that I have
> > installed the latest version 2.6.0 I can not save
> any
> > plot as postScript. When I try the following
> message
> > appears:
> >
> > Erro: Invalid font type
> > Além disso: Warning messages:
> > 1: font family not found in PostScript font
> database
> > 2: font family not found in PostScript font
> database
> >
> > What should I do?
> >
> > Thank you in advance,
> >
> > Camila
> >
> > Camila Pedroso Estevam de Souza
> >   Mestrado em Estatística - UNICAMP
> >   Master's Degree Student in Statistics - State
> University of Campinas

Camila Pedroso Estevam de Souza
  Mestrado em Estatística - UNICAMP
  Master's Degree Student in Statistics - State University of Campinas

Re: Save as postScrips latest R version

Uwe Ligges
Read the posting guide and follow it, i.e.

a) do not cross-post.
b) read the mailing list archives and find that this has been resolved
in R-patched

Uwe Ligges