Saving a dataset permanently in R

Felipe Carrillo
HI:
I'm still struggling with datasets, the more I read
about it the more confussed I get. This is the
scenario... In R console|Edit|Data Editor, I can find
all the datasets available with the different
packages, So to create a new dataset in the R console
I use the following commands to create an empty data
frame.
My_Dataset <- data.frame()
My_Dataset <- edit(My_dataset)

The problem is that I can't copy my data into the
dataframe. Is there any suggestions as of how I can
transfer the data and how it can be saved so everytime
I open R the dataset would be available.?
Thanks

 Felipe D. Carrillo
  Fishery Biologist
  US Fish & Wildlife Service
  Red Bluff, California 96080

Re: Saving a dataset permanently in R

jholtman
Where are you trying to copy data from?  I would assume that with that
script you are typing all the data in by hand.  Why don't you put it
in a text file and use read.table?  By default, R will save your
workspace on exit and then reload it on startup.  Is this enough to
save your data?  You can also use the 'save' function to store
explicit objects.

On 7/18/07, Felipe Carrillo <[hidden email]> wrote:

> HI:
> I'm still struggling with datasets, the more I read
> about it the more confussed I get. This is the
> scenario... In R console|Edit|Data Editor, I can find
> all the datasets available with the different
> packages, So to create a new dataset in the R console
> I use the following commands to create an empty data
> frame.
> My_Dataset <- data.frame()
> My_Dataset <- edit(My_dataset)
>
> The problem is that I can't copy my data into the
> dataframe. Is there any suggestions as of how I can
> transfer the data and how it can be saved so everytime
> I open R the dataset would be available.?
> Thanks
>
>  Felipe D. Carrillo
>  Fishery Biologist
>  US Fish & Wildlife Service