Simple conditional plot

rstudent
I just started using R last week.

I have a dataset with 3 columns - Plate, Well and Raw

I need to make a simple plot(Well~Raw) but only when Plate = 101

Thanks for your help.

Re: Simple conditional plot

Greg Snow-2
Try

plot(Well~Raw, subset= Plate==101)

I have a dataset with 3 columns - Plate, Well and Raw

I need to make a simple plot(Well~Raw) but only when Plate = 101

Thanks for your help.

Re: Simple conditional plot

David Winsemius

On Jul 8, 2011, at 10:55 AM, rstudent wrote:

> I just started using R last week.
>
> I have a dataset with 3 columns - Plate, Well and Raw
>
> I need to make a simple plot(Well~Raw) but only when Plate = 101

?subset

# Some plotting paradigms allow you to use a subset = <argument> but
any  program that had a data= option would allow data=subset(dfrm,
Plate==101)

newseRs:  Remember to use double "=="'s

> Thanks for your help.

David Winsemius, MD
West Hartford, CT

Re: Simple conditional plot

VictorDelgado
Another possibility without using subset():

plot(Well[][Plate==101]~Raw[][Plate==101])

This also works to '>=' '<=' and other conditions.
Victor Delgado Professor in department of Economics, UFOP - Univ. Federal de Ouro Preto, Brazil