Special case of data classification

Anton Morkovin-2
I have a matrix with dissimilarity coefficients for bird community composition in different monthes. I need to divide this variants of bird communities in several classes ("seasonal aspects"). Each class must include variants maximally similar with each other and maximally dissimilar with other classes. The most important thing is that each class must include only cosecutive monthes. Is there any special classification algorithm in R with such possibility?

--
Best regards,
Anton Morkovin

Re: Special case of data classification

Bert Gunter
Have you done any homework for yourself? CRAN task views would be an
obvious first place to look:

http://cran.r-project.org/web/views/

Both the environmental and spatio-temporal views seem like possibilities.

If that doesn't suit, try searching on suitable keywords

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter
Genentech Nonclinical Biostatistics