Statistics forums

ANJAN PURKAYASTHA
Hi,
Given that the R forum is mostly a site to discuss issues related to the
language, are there any forums that discuss statistical issues? I am
specifically interested in the statistical issues in experimental design.
TIA,
Anjan

--
=============================
anjan purkayastha, phd

purkayas [at] wi [dot] mit [dot] edu
703.740.6939

Re: Statistics forums

s j-2
On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 12:19 PM, ANJAN PURKAYASTHA <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi,
> Given that the R forum is mostly a site to discuss issues related to the
> language, are there any forums that discuss statistical issues? I am
> specifically interested in the statistical issues in experimental design.
> TIA,
> Anjan
>
> --
> =============================
> anjan purkayastha, phd
> bioinformatics analyst
> whitehead institute for biomedical research
> nine cambridge center
> cambridge, ma 02142
>
> purkayas [at] wi [dot] mit [dot] edu
> 703.740.6939

Re: Statistics forums

s j-2
I am also curious if someone can direct us to a good statistical group
mailing list. I have been using R since few days and I find this groups
amazing (with so many discussions pouring in!! I just love it.) But, I also
seem to hit a roadblock for deciding which test to use, sometimes.

It will helpful, if someone would provide some advice about other mailing
lists.

Sagar

Doctoral Candidate in Bioengineering,
University of Pittsburgh

On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 8:26 PM, s j <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 15, 2008 at 12:19 PM, ANJAN PURKAYASTHA <
> [hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> Given that the R forum is mostly a site to discuss issues related to the
>> language, are there any forums that discuss statistical issues? I am
>> specifically interested in the statistical issues in experimental design.
>> TIA,
>> Anjan
>>
>> --
>> =============================
>> anjan purkayastha, phd
>> bioinformatics analyst
>> whitehead institute for biomedical research
>> nine cambridge center
>> cambridge, ma 02142
>>
>> purkayas [at] wi [dot] mit [dot] edu
>> 703.740.6939

Re: Statistics forums

David Winsemius

There are three sci.stat.* newsgroups on the original USENET hierarchy
and at least one GoogleGroups location with activity. The Medstats
group has reputable people contributing. If you post a difficult
problem in integration or numerical analysis to sci.math or
sci.math.num-analysis you may get very credible responses.

One doc's opinion: The sci.stat.math groups has people of variable
quality (as with any open Internet forum). Some such as Marc Schwartz
and Frank Harrell who also post here, are extremely good, but some of
the other regular contributors may not be as sophisticated. Caveat
emptor. You can see all of these groups through a variety of news
clients. USENET groups are canonically read with newsreaders but are
also accessible through Google's interface. The Medstats group can
only be seen with Google's interface.

--
David Winsemius, MD
(not speaking in any way for my employer.)

On Nov 15, 2008, at 12:19 PM, ANJAN PURKAYASTHA wrote:

> Hi,
> Given that the R forum is mostly a site to discuss issues related to
> the
> language, are there any forums that discuss statistical issues? I am
> specifically interested in the statistical issues in experimental
> design.
> TIA,
> Anjan

Re: Statistics forums

shonggo
email us at accounting@homeworkanytimehelp.com or visit http://homeworkanytimehelp.com/accounting-homework/
Send us your accounting homework or accounting assignment/accounting questions and we will send you the email homeworkhelp instantly. We provide efficient accounting tutors.We reply in maximum 2 hours.Email us your accounting homework, accounting questions, if you need online accounting tutor, if you need accounting homework help asap for your accounting homework problems then email us at accounting@homeworkanytimehelp.com or visit www.homeworkanytimehelp.com.

 If you are short of time, theaccounting homework help, finance homework help, statistics homework help, economics homework help, financial accounting homework, finance help, financial management, accounting assignment help, accounting assignment answers, balance sheet homework, income statement homework, journal entries homework, present value, break even point homework, variable costing, absportion costing, standard costing,activity based costing, marketing homework help, ratio analysis homework , cash flow statement homework, cash budget, sales budget, lifo fifo, weighted average, wacc, macrs, bonds valuation, capm, project evaluation, capital budgeting homework, variance, working capital management, finance essays, finance projects & word problems, financial management homework

financial accounting homework help, finance ,homework, help, statistics, costing, accounting, marketing, economics, homework essays, probability homework, ANOVA, t-test, z-test, regression homework, correlation, multiple correlation, cost accounting, net present value, homework internal rate of return, journal entries, homework break even point, debt equity and preferred stock, bond valuation ytm, homework balance sheet, homework income statement,cash flow statement ffs, finance word problems, ratio analysis, homework inventory management, swaps, futures, contracts, options, exercise price, foreign exchange homework, accounting concepts standards gaap, portfolio management homework, corporate finance homework ,Accounting Assignments of any level of Financial Accounting, Basic Accounting, Corporate Accounting Homework Assignments, Cost Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Corporate Finance, Financial Management, Finance & Accounting Homework & related work up to any Accounting level, then send that Accounting Homework to us & we will send you the free quote. The areas we handle are:

for more kindly  contact us at accounting@homeworkanytimehelp.com

We also deal in the related subjects like:

Financial management homework help
Statistics & economics homework help
Marketing homework help
Management homework help