Trying to program for the first time

cyruso

I would like to write a script that will assess if there are inexact matches between sets. I have what amount to sets of 3-D coordinates and I want to be able to pick out "matches", where a match is defined as exact agreement between x coordinates, 98% agreement between y coordinates and 60% agreement between z coordinates.

If you are interested, what I am actually looking at are GCxGC data for volatile biogenic organic compounds with the third value being concentration in ppbv.

Thank you.