Unable to install ggplot2

Kamalika Ray
Hi,
 I have been trying to install the ggplot2 package but I am unable to do
so. My Mac OS version is 10.7.4 and I have downloaded the R-Studio-1.1.463.
I have attached the screenshot of the error message which appears.

Please help!

Thank you,
Kamalika
India

Screen Shot 2019-03-04 at 10.48.52 PM.png (386K) Download Attachment

Re: Unable to install ggplot2

Jeff Newmiller
Please post the text version of the error in the future... your picture is almost unreadable. Also, if it is actually important that you are using RStudio then your question probably doesn't belong here. Also, if the problem is a faulty contributed package then you will need to contact the package maintainer as the Posting Guide mentioned below says.

I don't know why the dependency is not being handled correctly, but my suggestion would be to install the rlang package first, and once that is installed try installing ggplot2. Read the errors... it says there is a problem with the rlang package.

On March 5, 2019 10:04:41 AM PST, Kamalika Ray <[hidden email]> wrote:

>Hi,
>I have been trying to install the ggplot2 package but I am unable to do
>so. My Mac OS version is 10.7.4 and I have downloaded the
>R-Studio-1.1.463.
>I have attached the screenshot of the error message which appears.
>
>Please help!
>
>Thank you,
>Kamalika
>India

Re: Unable to install ggplot2

Norberto Hernandez
I have the same issue with ggplot2 and the rlang package, you need to
have the most updated version of the rlang library in order to get
installed ggplot2

Regards
Norberto

El mar., 5 mar. 2019 a las 14:24, Jeff Newmiller
(<[hidden email]>) escribió:

> Please post the text version of the error in the future... your picture is almost unreadable. Also, if it is actually important that you are using RStudio then your question probably doesn't belong here. Also, if the problem is a faulty contributed package then you will need to contact the package maintainer as the Posting Guide mentioned below says.
>
> I don't know why the dependency is not being handled correctly, but my suggestion would be to install the rlang package first, and once that is installed try installing ggplot2. Read the errors... it says there is a problem with the rlang package.
>
> On March 5, 2019 10:04:41 AM PST, Kamalika Ray <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >Hi,
> >I have been trying to install the ggplot2 package but I am unable to do
> >so. My Mac OS version is 10.7.4 and I have downloaded the
> >R-Studio-1.1.463.
> >I have attached the screenshot of the error message which appears.
> >
> >Please help!
> >
> >Thank you,
> >Kamalika
> >India

Re: Unable to install ggplot2

Peter Dalgaard-2
Also, R seems to be version 3.2.x i.e. 3-4 years old. Earliest rlang is anno 2017 as far as I can tell.

-pd

> On 6 Mar 2019, at 19:22 , Norberto Hernandez <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I have the same issue with ggplot2 and the rlang package, you need to
> have the most updated version of the rlang library in order to get
> installed ggplot2
>
> Regards
> Norberto
>
> El mar., 5 mar. 2019 a las 14:24, Jeff Newmiller
> (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
>>
>> Please post the text version of the error in the future... your picture is almost unreadable. Also, if it is actually important that you are using RStudio then your question probably doesn't belong here. Also, if the problem is a faulty contributed package then you will need to contact the package maintainer as the Posting Guide mentioned below says.
>>
>> I don't know why the dependency is not being handled correctly, but my suggestion would be to install the rlang package first, and once that is installed try installing ggplot2. Read the errors... it says there is a problem with the rlang package.
>>
>> On March 5, 2019 10:04:41 AM PST, Kamalika Ray <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I have been trying to install the ggplot2 package but I am unable to do
>>> so. My Mac OS version is 10.7.4 and I have downloaded the
>>> R-Studio-1.1.463.
>>> I have attached the screenshot of the error message which appears.
>>>
>>> Please help!
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>> Kamalika
>>> India
>>
>> --

Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501
Office: A 4.23

Re: Unable to install ggplot2

hadley wickham
rlang works with R 3.1 and up, but it does require compilation from
source, which I suspect is the root cause of this problem.

Hadley

http://hadley.nz