Upgrading on Ubuntu from 2.11.1 to 2.15.1

Upgrading on Ubuntu from 2.11.1 to 2.15.1

cseligman
This doesn't work, what should I do?

 sudo apt-get install r-base
[sudo] password for cseligman:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
r-base is already the newest version.

Also:
> .libPaths()
[1] "/export/home/cseligman/local/library/R"
[2] "/usr/local/lib/R/site-library"
[3] "/usr/lib/R/site-library"
[4] "/usr/lib/R/library"
[5] "/usr/lib64/R/library"

Thanks,

Chet

Re: Upgrading on Ubuntu from 2.11.1 to 2.15.1

Sarah Goslee
Did you follow the directions?

There's a special README for Ubuntu to help you get the current version.
http://cran.r-project.org/bin/linux/ubuntu/README

But you also don't tell us what version of Ubuntu you're running.

Sarah

--
Sarah Goslee
http://www.functionaldiversity.org

Re: Upgrading on Ubuntu from 2.11.1 to 2.15.1

Michael Dewey
At 22:27 18/07/2012, Chet Seligman wrote:
>This doesn't work, what should I do?

Try reposting on the r-sig-debian list.

It might help to tell them what version of Ubuntu you are using and
to paste in your sources.list

>  sudo apt-get install r-base
>[sudo] password for cseligman:
>Reading package lists... Done
>Building dependency tree
>Reading state information... Done
>r-base is already the newest version.
>0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
>

>Also:
> > .libPaths()
>[1] "/export/home/cseligman/local/library/R"
>[2] "/usr/local/lib/R/site-library"
>[3] "/usr/lib/R/site-library"
>[4] "/usr/lib/R/library"
>[5] "/usr/lib64/R/library"
>

>Thanks,
>
>Chet
>
>         [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

Michael Dewey
[hidden email]
http://www.aghmed.fsnet.co.uk/home.html

Re: Upgrading on Ubuntu from 2.11.1 to 2.15.1

John Kane
As far as I can see those instructions are not all that helpful.

The answer below, from R-sig-Debian worked very nicely for me a little over a month ago.

John Kane
Kingston ON Canada