User input in R program

christiaan pauw-2
HI Everybody

Does anyone know of documentation about different ways of obtaining user
input in R. I have used readline() but I wondered is there are sophisticated
packages that does things like validate answers or generate selection
lists.

bets regards
Christaan

Re: User input in R program

Hugo Mildenberger
Hello Christian,

for an example of interacting with graphic output, just run

    example(getGraphicsEvent)

However, on X11, that feature had ceased to work since a pre-release
of R-2.12 if Cairo support was enabled at compile time. The reason for
this defect had already been documented in R's bugs database for long.
Maybe getGraphicsEvent still runs on Windows.

Best

Hugo

On Friday 21 January 2011 13:26:26 christiaan pauw wrote:

> HI Everybody
>
> Does anyone know of documentation about different ways of obtaining user
> input in R. I have used readline() but I wondered is there are sophisticated
> packages that does things like validate answers or generate selection
> lists.
>
> bets regards
> Christaan

Re: User input in R program

Matt Shotwell-2
Martyn Plummer's 'coda' package has some nice interactive menus. The
package appears to be written entirely in R. You could start with the
codamenu() function in the package source:

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/coda/index.html

-Matt

On Fri, 2011-01-21 at 14:26 +0200, christiaan pauw wrote:

> HI Everybody
>
> Does anyone know of documentation about different ways of obtaining user
> input in R. I have used readline() but I wondered is there are sophisticated
> packages that does things like validate answers or generate selection
> lists.
>
> bets regards
> Christaan

Re: User input in R program

D Kelly O'Day
Christian

Have you looked at the rpanel package?

I have a post which shows an example of interactive input that allows user to adjust plot parameters.

link

Re: User input in R program

Mauricio Zambrano-Bigiarini-2
Probably, iplots may be useful for you:

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/iplots/index.html

Kinds,

Mauricio
--
===============================
Linux user #454569 -- Ubuntu user #17469

2011/1/21 christiaan pauw <[hidden email]>:

> HI Everybody
>
> Does anyone know of documentation about different ways of obtaining user
> input in R. I have used readline() but I wondered is there are sophisticated
> packages that does things like validate answers or generate selection
> lists.
>
> bets regards
> Christaan

Re: User input in R program

jverzaniNWBKZ
christiaan pauw <cjpauw <at> gmail.com> writes:

> HI Everybody
>
> Does anyone know of documentation about different ways of obtaining user
> input in R. I have used readline() but I wondered is there are sophisticated
> packages that does things like validate answers or generate selection
> lists.

You might consider the gWidgets package. Like rpanel, there are many functions
that make this kind of thing quite easy to implement.

Re: User input in R program

giovanni.peliganga
HI I am developing an exercise and I can not Transforming the object d.ibm6298wmx (FinTs) in timeseries.