Using item difficulties from a fitted Partial Credit Model to predict person abilities in an extended dataset?

Using item difficulties from a fitted Partial Credit Model to predict person abilities in an extended dataset?

Rob Forsyth-2
I am using the eRm package to examine the properties of a clinical rating scale using a Partial Credit Model (PCM). I understand how to extract the person ability estimates (thetas) from a simple fitted PCM but I have a dataset with repeated observations over time (~1200 observations of the instrument in ~250 individuals). So as not to violate assumptions of conditional independence I've fitted the PCM to single observations drawn at random from each subject. This works but I would now like to use the item diffculty estimates from the fitted PCM to generate person-ability estimates for the remaining ~950 observations (at other timepoints) not used to fit the model; and I can't see from the eRm package documentation how to do this?

Advice very much appreciated
Rob

Re: Using item difficulties from a fitted Partial Credit Model to predict person abilities in an extended dataset?

Bert Gunter-2
Such package/methodology specific questions may well go unanswered here.
They are essentially offtopic anyway: this list is about general R
programming questions and cannot be expected to support the ~ 20000
packages now in the ecosystem. I suggest that you contact the package
maintainer (?maintainer) for help or to find out what support resources may
be available.

sticking things into it."

On Sun, Jun 7, 2020 at 3:59 AM Rob Forsyth <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> I am using the eRm package to examine the properties of a clinical rating
> scale using a Partial Credit Model (PCM). I understand how to extract the
> person ability estimates (thetas) from a simple fitted PCM but I have a
> dataset with repeated observations over time (~1200 observations of the
> instrument in ~250 individuals). So as not to violate assumptions of
> conditional independence I've fitted the PCM to single observations drawn
> at random from each subject. This works but I would now like to use the
> item diffculty estimates from the fitted PCM to generate person-ability
> estimates for the remaining ~950 observations (at other timepoints) not
> used to fit the model; and I can't see from the eRm package documentation
> how to do this?
>
> Advice very much appreciated
> Rob

Re: Using item difficulties from a fitted Partial Credit Model to predict person abilities in an extended dataset?

Rob Forsyth-2
OK thanks for the guidance
Rob

> On 7 Jun 2020, at 16:15, Bert Gunter <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> ⚠ External sender. Take care when opening links or attachments. Do not provide your login details.
> Such package/methodology specific questions may well go unanswered here. They are essentially offtopic anyway: this list is about general R programming questions and cannot be expected to support the ~ 20000 packages now in the ecosystem. I suggest that you contact the package maintainer (?maintainer) for help or to find out what support resources may be available.
>
> Bert Gunter
>
> "The trouble with having an open mind is that people keep coming along and sticking things into it."
>

> On Sun, Jun 7, 2020 at 3:59 AM Rob Forsyth <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I am using the eRm package to examine the properties of a clinical rating scale using a Partial Credit Model (PCM). I understand how to extract the person ability estimates (thetas) from a simple fitted PCM but I have a dataset with repeated observations over time (~1200 observations of the instrument in ~250 individuals). So as not to violate assumptions of conditional independence I've fitted the PCM to single observations drawn at random from each subject. This works but I would now like to use the item diffculty estimates from the fitted PCM to generate person-ability estimates for the remaining ~950 observations (at other timepoints) not used to fit the model; and I can't see from the eRm package documentation how to do this?
>
> Advice very much appreciated
> Rob

Re: Using item difficulties from a fitted Partial Credit Model to predict person abilities in an extended dataset?

David Winsemius
There is a StackExchange forum dedicated to Quantitative Finance.

--

David.