Using the ConText editor?

Robert Lundqvist
In my orgainzation, the people resonsible for the network are not that keen on setting up new software, so when I asked them to set up emacs or some other common R editor, I was told to have a look at ConText. This editor is avaliable in the network, and there is some R support. Special commands are highlighted and such, but the most important part, sending commands writtten in a ConText window into R is something I haven't been able to do. Anyone who has tried and made it work?

Robert
**********************
Robert Lundqvist
Norrbotten regional council
Sweden

Re: Using the ConText editor?

jholtman
if you are running on Windows, the install AutoHotKey and this will allow you to setup some macros to accomplish this.  this is what notepad++ does and it is easybto extend.

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 22, 2011, at 9:07, Robert Lundqvist <[hidden email]> wrote:

> In my orgainzation, the people resonsible for the network are not that keen on setting up new software, so when I asked them to set up emacs or some other common R editor, I was told to have a look at ConText. This editor is avaliable in the network, and there is some R support. Special commands are highlighted and such, but the most important part, sending commands writtten in a ConText window into R is something I haven't been able to do. Anyone who has tried and made it work?
>
> Robert
> **********************
> Robert Lundqvist
> Norrbotten regional council
> Sweden

Re: Using the ConText editor?

p_connolly
On Tue, 23-Aug-2011 at 12:22AM -0400, Jim Holtman wrote:

|> if you are running on Windows, the install AutoHotKey and this will allow you to setup some macros to accomplish this.  this is what notepad++ does and it is easybto extend.
|>
|> Sent from my iPad
|>
|> On Aug 22, 2011, at 9:07, Robert Lundqvist <[hidden email]> wrote:
|>

|> > In my orgainzation, the people resonsible for the network are not
|> > that keen on setting up new software, so when I asked them to set
|> > up emacs or some other common R editor, I was told to have a look

You can set up Emacs without admin rights on you C: drive.  No need to
bother the network guys.

--
   ___    Patrick Connolly