Values of ACF and PACF

Duncan Williamson
I use the ACF and PACF functions as part of my investigations into
autocorrelation ...

Is there any way of getting R to show the numerical values provided by
these functions?

TIA

Duncan

Re: Values of ACF and PACF

Rolf Turner

On Sat, 21 Nov 2020 08:36:45 +0700
Duncan Williamson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I use the ACF and PACF functions as part of my investigations into
> autocorrelation ...
>
> Is there any way of getting R to show the numerical values provided by
> these functions?

Of course.  Easy-peasy.  E.g.:

set.seed(42)
x <- rnorm(300)
ax0 <- acf(x,plot=FALSE) # The "plot=FALSE" is not actually necessary.
ax1 <- ax0$acf[,,1]

Reading the help file for a function is Always a Good Idea.
You can also always look at the code.  Just type:

    acf

Similarly for pacf()

cheers,

Rolf Turner

--
Honorary Research Fellow
Department of Statistics

Re: Values of ACF and PACF

Duncan Williamson
Thank you, Rolf.

I am aware of how to open and read the help files, I searched the web, too.
However, as a not so blessed user of R, I don't always understand what I
read.

I will do my best with your advice.

Duncan

On Sat, 21 Nov 2020, 10:57 Rolf Turner, <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Nov 2020 08:36:45 +0700
> Duncan Williamson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > I use the ACF and PACF functions as part of my investigations into
> > autocorrelation ...
> >
> > Is there any way of getting R to show the numerical values provided by
> > these functions?
>
> Of course.  Easy-peasy.  E.g.:
>
> set.seed(42)
> x <- rnorm(300)
> ax0 <- acf(x,plot=FALSE) # The "plot=FALSE" is not actually necessary.
> ax1 <- ax0$acf[,,1]
>
> Reading the help file for a function is Always a Good Idea.
> You can also always look at the code.  Just type:
>
>     acf
>
> Similarly for pacf()
>
> cheers,
>
> Rolf Turner
>
> --
> Honorary Research Fellow
> Department of Statistics
> University of Auckland
> Phone: +64-9-373-7599 ext. 88276

Re: Values of ACF and PACF

Duncan Williamson
There's a thought. Any suggestions in this case?

Duncan