Vargha and delaney effect size

khan123
I am new to R language. I have two column data I.e X= 0.23, 0.04, 0.5, -
0.20 etc and B= 0.34, 0.01, 0.1, 0.09 etc. The number of observations are
100. How can I apply vargha and delaney effect size in R? I load the data
as, read.csv(mydata.csv) and load the library effsize. Please if someone
can help because I have no idea about the next step to follow.

Thanks

Re: Vargha and delaney effect size

Eric Berger
For general documentation about the effsize package you would do:
> help(package="effsize")

For information on calculations related to vargha:
>??vargha
This command displays effsize::VD.A, which you can find out about via the
command
>?effsize::VD.A
This displays the documentation for the function VD.A. At the top of the
documentation you have the Description and Usage sections. At the bottom
there are some examples of using the function.

HTH,
Eric

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 10:44 AM javed khan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am new to R language. I have two column data I.e X= 0.23, 0.04, 0.5, -
> 0.20 etc and B= 0.34, 0.01, 0.1, 0.09 etc. The number of observations are
> 100. How can I apply vargha and delaney effect size in R? I load the data
> as, read.csv(mydata.csv) and load the library effsize. Please if someone
> can help because I have no idea about the next step to follow.
>
> Thanks

Re: Vargha and delaney effect size

Eric Berger
[Sending your follow-on question to the full R-help list]

On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 7:13 PM javed khan <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for your reply. I checked the example of treatment and control but
> I can not understand the first four lines. How can we do it if we have the
> data (both columns) in excel and we read it in code with read.csv.
>
> Best regards
>
> On Friday, October 4, 2019, Eric Berger <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>> For general documentation about the effsize package you would do:
>> > help(package="effsize")
>>
>> For information on calculations related to vargha:
>> >??vargha
>> This command displays effsize::VD.A, which you can find out about via the
>> command
>> >?effsize::VD.A
>> This displays the documentation for the function VD.A. At the top of the
>> documentation you have the Description and Usage sections. At the bottom
>> there are some examples of using the function.
>>
>> HTH,
>> Eric
>>

>> On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 10:44 AM javed khan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>>> I am new to R language. I have two column data I.e X= 0.23, 0.04, 0.5, -
>>> 0.20 etc and B= 0.34, 0.01, 0.1, 0.09 etc. The number of observations are
>>> 100. How can I apply vargha and delaney effect size in R? I load the data
>>> as, read.csv(mydata.csv) and load the library effsize. Please if someone
>>> can help because I have no idea about the next step to follow.
>>>
>>> Thanks

Re: Vargha and delaney effect size

Kum-Hoe Hwang
On Sun, Oct 6, 2019 at 4:24 PM Eric Berger <[hidden email]> wrote:

> [Sending your follow-on question to the full R-help list]
>
> On Fri, Oct 4, 2019 at 7:13 PM javed khan <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> > Thanks for your reply. I checked the example of treatment and control but
> > I can not understand the first four lines. How can we do it if we have
> the
> > data (both columns) in excel and we read it in code with read.csv.
> >
> > Best regards
> >
> > On Friday, October 4, 2019, Eric Berger <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >> For general documentation about the effsize package you would do:
> >>
> >> For information on calculations related to vargha:
> >> This command displays effsize::VD.A, which you can find out about via
> the
> >> command
> >> This displays the documentation for the function VD.A. At the top of the
> >> documentation you have the Description and Usage sections. At the bottom
> >> there are some examples of using the function.
> >>
> >> HTH,
> >> Eric

> -
> are
> data
> someone

plot_2019-10-05.py (12K) Download Attachment