Vegan fisher.alpha error

Kang Min
Hi,

I have an error with fisher.alpha from the vegan package.

> fisher.alpha(data[[1]])
Error in nlm(Dev.logseries, n.r = n.r, p = p, N = N, hessian =
TRUE, ...) :
  missing value in parameter

I am trying to find fisher alpha for a list of 100 data frames, and I
tried it on individual data frames in the list, which gave me the
error above.
I have every data frame in the same format as the example data BCI,
species as column names and quadrats as row names.

Can anyone explain what the error is about? Thanks a lot.

Kang Min

Re: Vegan fisher.alpha error

Ben Bolker
Kang Min <ngokangmin <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I have an error with fisher.alpha from the vegan package.
>
> > fisher.alpha(data[[1]])
> Error in nlm(Dev.logseries, n.r = n.r, p = p, N = N, hessian =
> TRUE, ...) :
>   missing value in parameter
>
> I am trying to find fisher alpha for a list of 100 data frames, and I
> tried it on individual data frames in the list, which gave me the
> error above.
> I have every data frame in the same format as the example data BCI,
> species as column names and quadrats as row names.

  It's almost impossible to answer this question without a reproducible
example.  Does the same thing happen with

fisher.alpha(head(data[[1]]))

?

If so, can you post the results of dput(head(data[[1]]))

?

If not, please spend some time cutting the problem down to
something that can be posted.  If that's really hard, post
your data on the web somewhere and post a link to it.
(Sending attachments to the mailing list is a bit dicey.)

  Ben Bolker