Vegemite Function is Cowardly refusing

AnsleySi
R version 3.2.2.
library(vegan)

I was to look at community tables from my dendrograms and am trying out the
vegemite command.  This is the error I get:

Error in vegemite(apst, apst.clusters) :
  Cowardly refusing to use longer than 1 char symbols:
Use scale

I thought the problem was that I was using the log transformed data, but I
tried it on the raw (which is single digit numbers), and still no luck.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--
Ansley Silva

*"The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness." John
Muir*

*Graduate Research Assistant*

*University of Georgia*

*D.B. Warnell School of Forestry and Natural Resources*

*180 East Green Street*

*Athens, GA 30602*

new 1.txt (3K) Download Attachment

Re: Vegemite Function is Cowardly refusing

Jari Oksanen
Ansley Silva <daily.puja <at> gmail.com> writes:

> R version 3.2.2.
> library(vegan)
>
> I was to look at community tables from my dendrograms and am trying out the
> vegemite command.  This is the error I get:
>
> Error in vegemite(apst, apst.clusters) :
>   Cowardly refusing to use longer than 1 char symbols:
> Use scale
>
> I thought the problem was that I was using the log transformed data, but I
> tried it on the raw (which is single digit numbers), and still no luck.
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I imagined that the error message is clear: vegemite only uses one-character
symbols (because the result is so compact). The example data you had with
this message had numbers up to 55 -- and that is a two-digit number. The
message also suggest that you use 'scale' which is an argument of
vegemite() to transform numbers to one-charactar symbols. You can also
transform your data to to one-digit width yourself, and vegemite() will be
happy.

cheers, Jari Oksanen