Venn Diagram corresponding to size in R

Shira Rockowitz
I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to make a Venn
diagram in R where the circles are scaled to the size of each dataset.  I
have looked at the information for venn (in gplots) and vennDiagram (in
limma) and I cannot seem to figure out what parameter to change.  I have
looked this up online and do not seem to be seeing anyone else who has
posted this question or the answer to it before.  I see graphs though that
are purported to be made in R that are scaled like this, so I think it must
be possible, although I do not know if they were made with a custom
function.  If I have just not been searching for this question correctly,
and it has already been asked, please direct me to the earlier question.  I
would like to thank you all in advance for you help!
~Shira

Re: Venn Diagram corresponding to size in R

Karl Brand
Hi Shira,

Check out "venneuler"

http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/venneuler/index.html

Labelling can be a little tricky, but if you search this forum for
"venneuler" you'll find some tips which helped me.

hth,

karl

On 03/09/2011 02:25 AM, Shira Rockowitz wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to make a Venn
> diagram in R where the circles are scaled to the size of each dataset.  I
> have looked at the information for venn (in gplots) and vennDiagram (in
> limma) and I cannot seem to figure out what parameter to change.  I have
> looked this up online and do not seem to be seeing anyone else who has
> posted this question or the answer to it before.  I see graphs though that
> are purported to be made in R that are scaled like this, so I think it must
> be possible, although I do not know if they were made with a custom
> function.  If I have just not been searching for this question correctly,
> and it has already been asked, please direct me to the earlier question.  I
> would like to thank you all in advance for you help!
> ~Shira

Karl Brand <[hidden email]>
Department of Genetics
Erasmus MC
Dr Molewaterplein 50
3015 GE Rotterdam
P +31 (0)10 704 3455 | F +31 (0)10 704 4743 | M +31 (0)642 777 268

Re: Venn Diagram corresponding to size in R

Matt Shotwell-2
Try here:
https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2003-February/029393.html

On Tue, 2011-03-08 at 20:25 -0500, Shira Rockowitz wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out how to make a Venn
> diagram in R where the circles are scaled to the size of each dataset.  I
> have looked at the information for venn (in gplots) and vennDiagram (in
> limma) and I cannot seem to figure out what parameter to change.  I have
> looked this up online and do not seem to be seeing anyone else who has
> posted this question or the answer to it before.  I see graphs though that
> are purported to be made in R that are scaled like this, so I think it must
> be possible, although I do not know if they were made with a custom
> function.  If I have just not been searching for this question correctly,
> and it has already been asked, please direct me to the earlier question.  I
> would like to thank you all in advance for you help!
> ~Shira

Re: Venn Diagram corresponding to size in R

Oscar Reina
Hi Shira,

you can also try with an R-forge package called Vennerable. It has been in alpha status for a while now, but so far it has been very useful for all our needs regarding Venn diagrams.

https://r-forge.r-project.org/projects/vennerable/

Regards.

O.