Vennerable Plots for Publications

Dario Strbenac-2
Does anyone make Venn diagrams for publication using Vennerable ? I found that the font size is too big when the plot is created at 300 DPI, and there's no option to change it, even when the point size argument to the device is changed.

aVenn <- Venn(Sets = list(A = 1:5, B = 3:6))
png("forPublication.png", units = "in", h = 2.55, w = 2.4, res = 300) # Changing pointsize to a smaller number has no effect on size of the text.
plot(aVenn)
dev.off()

Re: Vennerable Plots for Publications

Jim Lemon-4
HI Dario,
Have you tried creating a larger PNG image and then shrinking the result
with an image manipulation program (e.g. GIMP)?

Jim

On Fri, Mar 27, 2015 at 4:00 PM, Dario Strbenac <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Does anyone make Venn diagrams for publication using Vennerable ? I found
> that the font size is too big when the plot is created at 300 DPI, and
> there's no option to change it, even when the point size argument to the
> device is changed.
>
> aVenn <- Venn(Sets = list(A = 1:5, B = 3:6))
> png("forPublication.png", units = "in", h = 2.55, w = 2.4, res = 300) #
> Changing pointsize to a smaller number has no effect on size of the text.
> plot(aVenn)
> dev.off()

Re: Vennerable Plots for Publications

Dario Strbenac-2
That is an adequate solution. It's always better if R package authors don't hard-code graphics parameters, though.