WG: Packegs for mathematics

R help mailing list-2

________________________________
Von: ELLENBERGER Mihaela
Gesendet: Montag, 16. November 2020 10:24
An: [hidden email]
Betreff: Packegs for mathematics

Hello

I'm undergraduated student of Biomedical Sciences in Switzerland and learning how to work with R.

Currently I'm using R-Studio.

I would like to now, which packeges sholud I install please for mathematics ( analysis)?

My collegeues don't use all the same maths software ( some of them are using Excel, SPSS, Mathematica, etc.)

-Funktionen,Serien, Folgen,Grenzwerte, Stetigkeiten

-Integralrechnungen

-Differentialrechnungen

-Analysis multivariant

Could you sent me an advice please, because there are so many packeges in R.

Kind regards

Mihaela Ellenberger

Re: WG: Packegs for mathematics

Bert Gunter-2
Good advice on R packages cannot be provided unless **you** first inform
for what purpose the packages are intended.

You should look here before posting further:
https://cran.r-project.org/web/views/

You may also wish to post search queries like "R package to do ..." here:
https://rseek.org/

sticking things into it."

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 10:39 AM ELLENBERGER Mihaela via R-help <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> ________________________________

Re: WG: Packages for mathematics

Spencer Graves-4
          Several resources for "Searching R Packages" are discussed in a
Wikiversity article by that title:

https://en.wikiversity.org/wiki/Searching_R_Packages

          I've found the "sos" package on CRAN (which has a vignette describing
use) and "https://www.rdocumentation.org" to be most useful.

          Many functions are included in base R.  Many more are provided in
contributed packages.

          Spencer Graves

On 2020-11-16 04:02, ELLENBERGER Mihaela via R-help wrote:

> ________________________________

Re: Packegs for mathematics

Boris Steipe
You really don't need to worry about all those packages in the beginning. Base R has all of the functionality you need to get you started. Then, when you actually need additional functions, you can search for this functionality on the Web, on CRAN, by asking on this helpful list, or on your favourite community forum. Actually downloading and installing packages is very quick, there's no benefit to pre-loading things you don't actually need.

Bottom line: don't view this from the perspective of resources, see it from the perspective of what you want to do.

Cheers,
Boris

Michael Dewey-3
Dear Mihaela

As well as the search tips you have been given you may want to look at
the CRAN Task Views. There is one for Multivariate
https://cran.r-project.org/view=Multivariate
and one for NumericalMathematics
https://cran.r-project.org/view=NumericalMathematics
and several others which may be relevant.

Note that the task views tell you what exists but they do not offer best
buy information. For that you may need to come back here and ask about a
specific subset of packages.

Michael

On 16/11/2020 10:02, ELLENBERGER Mihaela via R-help wrote:

Michael
http://www.dewey.myzen.co.uk/home.html