Web site for MacOSX R-devel precompiled version

Web site for MacOSX R-devel precompiled version

R devel mailing list
 From several years, I used this site http://r.research.att.com to get a
precompiled version of macosx R-devol but the most recent version is
frozen at the 18/8 build (r 71112).

Is there an alternative (except than compile myself !) ?

Thanks,

Marc

Re: Web site for MacOSX R-devel precompiled version

Bob Rudis
I've had a TODO on the list for a while to produce a daily R-devel binary
build for macOS since I have some spare macOS compute cycles available. If
there's sufficient interest I can copy the build setup and start generating
them. I'm also a registered Apple developer so can make signed binaries as
well.

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 8:42 AM, Marc Girondot via R-devel <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> From several years, I used this site http://r.research.att.com to get a
> precompiled version of macosx R-devol but the most recent version is frozen
> at the 18/8 build (r 71112).
>
> Is there an alternative (except than compile myself !) ?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Marc

Re: Web site for MacOSX R-devel precompiled version

Simon Urbanek

> On Sep 29, 2016, at 8:42 AM, Marc Girondot via R-devel <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> From several years, I used this site http://r.research.att.com to get a precompiled version of macosx R-devol but the most recent version is frozen at the 18/8 build (r 71112).
>
> Is there an alternative (except than compile myself !) ?

It is the official build - there may be other alternatives but they are not supported by us. The fact that is didn't update would be best reported so we can look into this. I just checked and the build are still working:

$ ls -l *.pkg
-rw-r--r--  1 urbanek  admin  77935686 Sep 28 23:32 R-devel-mavericks.pkg

but it seems that there is a problem with signing the package. I'll look into it.

Cheers,
Simon

> Thanks,
>
> Marc

Re: Web site for MacOSX R-devel precompiled version

Simon Urbanek
[Moving to R-SIG-Mac where it belongs]

The machine building 10.6 binaries has died and since it was responsible for merging the 10.9 and 10.6 binaries to the website it means neither were published. 10.9 binaries are now up.