Windows, R version 4.0.2, read.csv() - -Error in file(file, "rt") : cannot open the connection In addition: Warning message: In file(file, "rt") : cannot open file 'hw1_data': No such file or directory

Windows, R version 4.0.2, read.csv() - -Error in file(file, "rt") : cannot open the connection In addition: Warning message: In file(file, "rt") : cannot open file 'hw1_data': No such file or directory

Mounica Miriyala
HI,
I am currently taking my week 1 quiz 1. The quiz has  1 to 20 questions in
which 11 to 20 should be dealt with dataset given by the coursera. But I am
not able to open due to the mentioned error above. When I give dir() it
shows the exact file that has the dataset to be used in the quiz1 but when
i try to read the file in R it throwing the error -----"*Error in
file(file, "rt") : cannot open the connection*

*In addition: Warning message:In file(file, "rt") :  cannot open file
'hw1_data': No such file or directory*
"
Please help! I tried the google for the error and tried different ways but
still gets the same error message. I hope is will get this done in the
second attempt for my quiz1.

Regards,

Mounica Miriyala.

Re: Windows, R version 4.0.2, read.csv() - -Error in file(file, "rt") : cannot open the connection In addition: Warning message: In file(file, "rt") : cannot open file 'hw1_data': No such file or directory

Eric Berger
What happens when you give the command
list.files(".","hw1_data")
?

On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 3:53 PM Mounica Miriyala <
[hidden email]> wrote:

> HI,
> I am currently taking my week 1 quiz 1. The quiz has  1 to 20 questions in
> which 11 to 20 should be dealt with dataset given by the coursera. But I am
> not able to open due to the mentioned error above. When I give dir() it
> shows the exact file that has the dataset to be used in the quiz1 but when
> i try to read the file in R it throwing the error -----"*Error in
> file(file, "rt") : cannot open the connection*
>

> *In addition: Warning message:In file(file, "rt") :  cannot open file
> 'hw1_data': No such file or directory*
> "
> Please help! I tried the google for the error and tried different ways but
> still gets the same error message. I hope is will get this done in the
> second attempt for my quiz1.
>
> Regards,
>
> Mounica Miriyala.

Re: Windows, R version 4.0.2, read.csv() - -Error in file(file, "rt") : cannot open the connection In addition: Warning message: In file(file, "rt") : cannot open file 'hw1_data': No such file or directory

Jeff Newmiller
Per the Posting Guide, homework help is off-topic on this mailing list, since educational institutions are supposed to have support tailored to your educational pragram.

Regardless of policy, it is very difficult to address very basic questions such as yours via written communication only... for your sake you should find interactive support through screen sharing or at least audio channels from someone already familiar with your assignment.