Working with FactoMineR

Mahmood Naderan-Tahan
Hi,

I tried to run the HCPC example [1] in the online R [2], but got an error:

library(FactoMineR)
data(tea)
res.mca = MCA(tea, ncp=20, quanti.sup=19, quali.sup=c(20:36), graph=FALSE)
res.hcpc = HCPC(res.mca)

Result:

[1] "Click on the graph to cut the tree"
Error in while (coupe$y < min(t$tree$height)) { :
  argument is of length zero
Calls: HCPC
Execution halted

[1] "Click on the graph to cut the tree"

Error in while (coupe$y < min(t$tree$height)) { :

argument is of length zero

Calls: HCPC

Execution halted

May I know how to fix that?

[1] http://factominer.free.fr/factomethods/hierarchical-clustering-on-principal-components.html

[2] https://rdrr.io/snippets/

Regards,
Mahmood

Re: Working with FactoMineR

Andrés Aragón
Hi,

Could you send a sample of your data frame?

Andrés

> El 4 feb 2021, a las 7:07, Mahmood Naderan-Tahan <[hidden email]> escribió:
>
> Hi,
>
> I tried to run the HCPC example [1] in the online R [2], but got an error:
>

> library(FactoMineR)
> data(tea)
> res.mca = MCA(tea, ncp=20, quanti.sup=19, quali.sup=c(20:36), graph=FALSE)
> res.hcpc = HCPC(res.mca)
>

> Result:
>
> [1] "Click on the graph to cut the tree"
> Error in while (coupe$y < min(t$tree$height)) { :
>  argument is of length zero
> Calls: HCPC
> Execution halted
>

> [1] "Click on the graph to cut the tree"
>
> Error in while (coupe$y < min(t$tree$height)) { :
>
> argument is of length zero
>
> Calls: HCPC
>
> Execution halted
>

> May I know how to fix that?
>

> [1] http://factominer.free.fr/factomethods/hierarchical-clustering-on-principal-components.html
>
> [2] https://rdrr.io/snippets/
>

> Regards,
> Mahmood

Re: Working with FactoMineR

Bill Dunlap-2
This will happen if you select no points when it asks you to 'click on
the graph' (to select the level at which to cut the tree).  On Windows
you can select no points by right clicking and selecting 'Stop' from
the menu that pops up.  RStudio may have a different way to select no
points.

-Bill

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 9:04 AM Mahmood Naderan-Tahan

> I tried to run the HCPC example [1] in the online R [2], but got an error:
>

> library(FactoMineR)
> data(tea)
> res.mca = MCA(tea, ncp=20, quanti.sup=19, quali.sup=c(20:36), graph=FALSE)
> res.hcpc = HCPC(res.mca)
>

> Result:
>
> [1] "Click on the graph to cut the tree"
> Error in while (coupe$y < min(t$tree$height)) { :
>   argument is of length zero
> Calls: HCPC
> Execution halted
>

> [1] "Click on the graph to cut the tree"
>
> Error in while (coupe$y < min(t$tree$height)) { :
>
> argument is of length zero
>
> Calls: HCPC
>
> Execution halted
>

> May I know how to fix that?