about Runtime Error

Xin Huang-3
Hi,

I wrote my own R program doing some MCMC simulation but I often got
"Runtime Error" even the program only run for a couple of hundred
times. The detail error message is as following:

Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\R\R-2.5.1\bin\Rgui.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more
information.

When I turned off the program, there was another error message:

RGui:Rgui.exe-Application Error
The instruction at "0x5ad71531" referenced memory at "0x00000014". The
memory count not be "read".

Please let me know if there is anything I can do to solve the problem.

Thank you very much.
Xin

Re: about Runtime Error

Uwe Ligges

Xin Huang wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I wrote my own R program doing some MCMC simulation but I often got
> "Runtime Error" even the program only run for a couple of hundred
> times. The detail error message is as following:
>
> Runtime Error!
> Program: C:\Program Files\R\R-2.5.1\bin\Rgui.exe
> This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
> unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more
> information.
>
> When I turned off the program, there was another error message:
>
> RGui:Rgui.exe-Application Error
> The instruction at "0x5ad71531" referenced memory at "0x00000014". The
> memory count not be "read".
>
> Please let me know if there is anything I can do to solve the problem.

Do you have own C code to do the MCMC steps or do you use some existing
R package?
In any case, solving the problem means fixing the code that causes the
error, hence perhaps running it under some debugger.

Best,
Uwe Ligges