adding two colmns of a data frame

ozgrerg
It seems very simple but I could not find the way. I just want to add two columns of a data frame. I am doing the below operation:

data$C=transform(data, data$A+data$B)

However that return as a data frame. I will be glad if ypu help. Thanks a lot

Re: adding two colmns of a data frame

ozgrerg
Sorry, sorry for taking your time. I solved the problem.

data=transform(data,C= A+B)

It is so simple. But if you dont know it is hard. Again sory for taking time

Re: adding two colmns of a data frame

John Kane-2
You mean like this?
mydata <- data.frame(aa=1:5, bb=1:5)