bug report for make check

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

bug report for make check

Kasper Daniel Hansen-2
I would like to request access to bugzilla to file a bug report on make
check for R-devel.

Following changes to all.equal.POSIXt,
  make check
now reports an error if the environment variable TZ is set to
  TZ="US/Eastern"
(and likely other values). This can be addressed by using the argument
check.tzone=FALSE in the call to all.equal.POSIXt in reg-tests-2.R. A patch
has been posted by Sebastian Meyer in the R-devel thread "timezone tests
and R-devel".

--
Best,
Kasper

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bug report for make check

Tomas Kalibera
Dear Kasper,

if you want to submit a bug via bugzilla, please first read

https://www.r-project.org/bugs.html

and you will learn there that there is an email address to use when
asking for an account, not all R-devel mailing list readers need to read
that.

Moreover, I can see you already have an account in R bugzilla.

Moreover, bugs can be reported also on R-devel mailing list and this has
been reported already several times, we are working on it, it is not
clear what is the right way to fix this.

Thanks for your patience,
Tomas

On 10/30/20 11:24 AM, Kasper Daniel Hansen wrote:

> I would like to request access to bugzilla to file a bug report on make
> check for R-devel.
>
> Following changes to all.equal.POSIXt,
>    make check
> now reports an error if the environment variable TZ is set to
>    TZ="US/Eastern"
> (and likely other values). This can be addressed by using the argument
> check.tzone=FALSE in the call to all.equal.POSIXt in reg-tests-2.R. A patch
> has been posted by Sebastian Meyer in the R-devel thread "timezone tests
> and R-devel".
>

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bug report for make check

Kasper Daniel Hansen-2
Thanks, I'm going to shut up then.

Despite having been reported multiple times, it was not at all clear to me
that this was being worked on with the intention of addressing make check -
that is one of the limitations of the communication system we use.

Best,
Kasper

On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 11:38 AM Tomas Kalibera <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Dear Kasper,
>
> if you want to submit a bug via bugzilla, please first read
>
> https://www.r-project.org/bugs.html
>
> and you will learn there that there is an email address to use when
> asking for an account, not all R-devel mailing list readers need to read
> that.
>
> Moreover, I can see you already have an account in R bugzilla.
>
> Moreover, bugs can be reported also on R-devel mailing list and this has
> been reported already several times, we are working on it, it is not
> clear what is the right way to fix this.
>
> Thanks for your patience,
> Tomas
>
> On 10/30/20 11:24 AM, Kasper Daniel Hansen wrote:
> > I would like to request access to bugzilla to file a bug report on make
> > check for R-devel.
> >
> > Following changes to all.equal.POSIXt,
> >    make check
> > now reports an error if the environment variable TZ is set to
> >    TZ="US/Eastern"
> > (and likely other values). This can be addressed by using the argument
> > check.tzone=FALSE in the call to all.equal.POSIXt in reg-tests-2.R. A
> patch
> > has been posted by Sebastian Meyer in the R-devel thread "timezone tests
> > and R-devel".
> >
>
>

--
Best,
Kasper

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-devel
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: bug report for make check

Tomas Kalibera
We've fixed the test to allow the current behavior of all.equal.POSIXt
for now. It became clear that figuring out how to best improve
all.equal.POSIXt would take much longer.

Best
Tomas

On 10/30/20 12:00 PM, Kasper Daniel Hansen wrote:

> Thanks, I'm going to shut up then.
>
> Despite having been reported multiple times, it was not at all clear
> to me that this was being worked on with the intention of addressing
> make check - that is one of the limitations of the communication
> system we use.
>
> Best,
> Kasper
>
> On Fri, Oct 30, 2020 at 11:38 AM Tomas Kalibera
> <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>
>     Dear Kasper,
>
>     if you want to submit a bug via bugzilla, please first read
>
>     https://www.r-project.org/bugs.html
>
>     and you will learn there that there is an email address to use when
>     asking for an account, not all R-devel mailing list readers need
>     to read
>     that.
>
>     Moreover, I can see you already have an account in R bugzilla.
>
>     Moreover, bugs can be reported also on R-devel mailing list and
>     this has
>     been reported already several times, we are working on it, it is not
>     clear what is the right way to fix this.
>
>     Thanks for your patience,
>     Tomas
>
>     On 10/30/20 11:24 AM, Kasper Daniel Hansen wrote:
>     > I would like to request access to bugzilla to file a bug report
>     on make
>     > check for R-devel.
>     >
>     > Following changes to all.equal.POSIXt,
>     >    make check
>     > now reports an error if the environment variable TZ is set to
>     >    TZ="US/Eastern"
>     > (and likely other values). This can be addressed by using the
>     argument
>     > check.tzone=FALSE in the call to all.equal.POSIXt in
>     reg-tests-2.R. A patch
>     > has been posted by Sebastian Meyer in the R-devel thread
>     "timezone tests
>     > and R-devel".
>     >
>
>
>
> --
> Best,
> Kasper



        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-devel