cairo anyone?

Byron Ellis
Has anyone taken a shot at a Cairo graphics device yet? I half
expected to see one on either Paul's pages or Omegahat. :-)

---
Byron Ellis ([hidden email])
"Oook" -- The Librarian

Re: cairo anyone?

Duncan Temple Lang

Re: cairo anyone?

Dirk Eddelbuettel

On 22 December 2005 at 17:19, Duncan Temple Lang wrote:
| Michael Lawrence has as part of RGtk2.

Speaking of which -- I tried to find his code anywhere on the "Internets"
following his very nice DSC presentation, but no beans.  Why is this in
hiding?  Is it expected to surface at some point?  Any insights, Duncan?

Dirk

                                                  -- Thomas A. Edison

Re: cairo anyone?

hadley wickham
> | Michael Lawrence has as part of RGtk2.
>
> Speaking of which -- I tried to find his code anywhere on the "Internets"
> following his very nice DSC presentation, but no beans.  Why is this in
> hiding?  Is it expected to surface at some point?  Any insights, Duncan?

Michael is currently working on autogenerated documentation, and I
think will be ready to release early next year.

Hadley

Re: cairo anyone?

Simon Urbanek
Byron,

On Dec 22, 2005, at 8:07 PM, Byron Ellis wrote:

> Has anyone taken a shot at a Cairo graphics device yet?

*opens a drawer* You can try this:
http://www.rosuda.org/R/Cairo_0.1-1.tar.gz

I'm using it for generating bitmap files (PNG), that's why only the
image-backned is used. It should be easy to add other formats like
PDF or maybe even other surfaces like Win32, Quartz or XLib, because
the back-end part is modular, but I didn't bother (yet?).

Cheers,
Simon

Re: cairo anyone?

Byron Ellis
Ah, that should work, every now and again I think to myself "ah ha! I
should just generate some pngs..." until, invariably...

Error in X11(paste("png::",....

then I swear for a bit and go off to do something else because I
can't be bothered. If I end up doing anything cool (IIRC cairo
handles all your major backing surfaces... including OpenGL via
Glitz, which could be handy for RGL) I'll shoot you a patch.

On Dec 23, 2005, at 3:25 PM, Simon Urbanek wrote:

> Byron,
>
> On Dec 22, 2005, at 8:07 PM, Byron Ellis wrote:
>
>> Has anyone taken a shot at a Cairo graphics device yet?
>
> *opens a drawer* You can try this:
> http://www.rosuda.org/R/Cairo_0.1-1.tar.gz
>
> I'm using it for generating bitmap files (PNG), that's why only the
> image-backned is used. It should be easy to add other formats like
> PDF or maybe even other surfaces like Win32, Quartz or XLib,
> because the back-end part is modular, but I didn't bother (yet?).
>
> Cheers,
> Simon

---
Byron Ellis ([hidden email])