calc.relimp pmvd for US R-user

YAddo
Dear All:

I am calculating  the relative importance of a regressor in a linear model.  Does anyone know how I can obtain/install the 'pmvd' computation type? I am a US user.

Re: calc.relimp pmvd for US R-user

bbolker
YAddo <linkyox <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Dear All:
>
> I am calculating  the relative importance of a regressor in a linear model.
> Does anyone know how I can obtain/install the 'pmvd' computation type? I am
> a US user.

  I didn't know what the heck you were talking about, but having looked
at http://prof.beuth-hochschule.de/groemping/relaimpo/ it seems that
you can't legally install that version of the package because of
conflicts with <http://www.patentstorm.us/patents/6640204.html>.

  Would some of the other results of
library("sos")
findFn("{relative importance}")

work for you?

  Ben Bolker

Re: calc.relimp pmvd for US R-user

"Dénes TÓTH"

> Dear All:
>
> I am calculating  the relative importance of a regressor in a linear
> model.
> Does anyone know how I can obtain/install the 'pmvd' computation type? I
> am
> a US user.
>
> Regards,

Do you have any specific reason to use the "pmvd" method, especially in
the light of
http://prof.beuth-hochschule.de/fileadmin/user/groemping/downloads/amstat07mayp139.pdf?
The default "lmg" method
- gives very similar results,
- is more well-known in the literature, and
- is included in the US-version of the package.
Anyway, as a non-US user once upon a time I tried both methods, and they
really did not deviate that much (at least the ordering of the variables
was highly similar).

Hope that helps,
   Denes