can quantmod obtain FRED data by vintage from ALFRED?

can quantmod obtain FRED data by vintage from ALFRED?

mcooganj
Dear All,

I am aware that one may download data from the St Louis Fed FRED API
using the quantmod package -- however i was wondering if it is
possible to query ALFRED using the quantmod package?

Is this possible? and if so, how might i do it?

thanks in advance

matt johnson

Re: can quantmod obtain FRED data by vintage from ALFRED?

Jeffrey Ryan
Quantmod doesn't support this interface, as it requires an account with
FRED (free, but one more step). At least it hasn't been added yet.

There is another author that was working on this, though I don't recall the
current status (and they were off-line conversations we had), so I'll let
him comment.

Jeff

--
Jeffrey Ryan
[hidden email]

www.lemnica.com

R/Finance 2013: Applied R in Finance
May 17, 18 Chicago, IL
www.RinFinance.com

Re: can quantmod obtain FRED data by vintage from ALFRED?

mcooganj
Thanks for getting back to me Jeff.

Best Regards

mj