change matrix based on look-up value from table

change matrix based on look-up value from table

Jon Erik Ween
Hi!

I have a large dataset where I need to recompute a value in each row based on z-sores from another look-up table. The look-up table is arranged by raw score in the first column and age in the first row, eg:

   20  30  40
1 .3  .5  .7
2 .2  .3  .4
3 .1  .4  .7

the main matrix will have ages and raw scores and I need to select the appropriate value from the look-up table. Unfortunately, the distribution of the look-up does not fit a linear model, so I can't compute from a formula.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jon