comparing variances between two sets of p values for two different conditions

comparing variances between two sets of p values for two different conditions

anikaM
Hello,

I have a set of two conditions: individual.variance and
intra.individual.variance
with their p values.

Does it make sense to compare variances between those two groups with
F test via:

var.test(b$inter.individual.variance, b$intra.individual.variance,
alternative = "two.sided")

If not which test you would recommend in this case?

Thanks
Ana

Re: comparing variances between two sets of p values for two different conditions

Bert Gunter-2
Inline.

sticking things into it."

On Tue, Feb 4, 2020 at 9:12 AM Ana Marija <[hidden email]>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a set of two conditions: individual.variance and
> intra.individual.variance
> with their p values.
>
> Does it make sense to compare variances between those two groups with
> F test via:

No.

> var.test(b$inter.individual.variance, b$intra.individual.variance,
> alternative = "two.sided")
>
> If not which test you would recommend in this case?

As you have been told before, I believe, such questions are generally
offtopic here. For purely statistical issues, post on a statistical site
like stats.stackexchange.com