conditional probability

Jumlong Vongprasert
Dear all
          I have problem with calculate probability, I have data x1,...,x10,
I want to calculate probability x11 given x1,...,x10 with two conditions.
          1. x is normal
           2. unknow distribution
         How I can do this.
Many Thanks.
Jumlong

--
Jumlong Vongprasert Assist, Prof.
Institute of Research and Development

Re: conditional probability

mbedward
Hello Jumlong,

For Normal distribution see the help page for pnorm.

For dealing with unknown (empirical) distributions, look at ecdf.

Hope this helps
Michael

On 8 November 2010 16:29, Jumlong Vongprasert <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear all
>          I have problem with calculate probability, I have data x1,...,x10,
> I want to calculate probability x11 given x1,...,x10 with two conditions.
>          1. x is normal
>           2. unknow distribution
>         How I can do this.
> Many Thanks.
> Jumlong
>
> --
> Jumlong Vongprasert Assist, Prof.
> Institute of Research and Development
> Ubon Ratchathani Rajabhat University
> Ubon Ratchathani
> THAILAND
> 34000

Re: conditional probability

Giovanni Petris

If you want a conditional distribution of x11 given x1,..x10, you need
to make some assumptions about the joint distribution. It seems from the
original post that items 1. and 2. refer to the marginal distribution of
each observation.

In general, it would help to specify the question a little more
carefully.

Giovanni Petris