confidence intervals for orthogonal contrasts

confidence intervals for orthogonal contrasts

James Henson
Hi R users,
Is there a way to calculate a confidence interval for each contrast in
a set of orthogonal contrasts?  The ‘multcomp’ package will calculate
a CIs at the 95% family-wise confidence level.  But, these confidence
intervals are extremely wide.
Thanks for your help.
Best regards,
James

Re: confidence intervals for orthogonal contrasts

Richard M. Heiberger
James,

Please look at the maiz example, the last example in ?MMC
help("MMC", package="HH")
where I show how to construct and calculate a set of orthogonal contrasts
for a factor in an analysis of variance setting.  mmc and mmcplot use glht
in the multcomp package for the underlying calculations.

If yo don't have HH, you can get it with
install.packages("HH")

See the references in ?MMC to my book and paper.  The second edition
of the book is now available.

Rich

On Thu, Dec 1, 2016 at 4:17 PM, James Henson <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi R users,
> Is there a way to calculate a confidence interval for each contrast in
> a set of orthogonal contrasts?  The ‘multcomp’ package will calculate
> a CIs at the 95% family-wise confidence level.  But, these confidence
> intervals are extremely wide.
> Thanks for your help.
> Best regards,
> James

Re: confidence intervals for orthogonal contrasts

James Henson
Richard,

Thanks, Have not previously used the HH package, but looks as if it
contains many useful tools.  Will check out your book also.

Best regards,
James