confidence intervals for the difference between group means

confidence intervals for the difference between group means

R help mailing list-2
Dear R-experts,

Using the bootES package I can easily calculate the bootstrap confidence intervals of the means like in the toy example here below. Now, I am looking for the confidence intervals for the difference between group means. In my case, the point estimate of the mean difference is 64.4. I am looking at the 95% confidence intervals around this point estimate (64.4).

Many thanks for your response.

############
library(bootES)
a<-c(523,435,478,567,654)
b<-c(423,523,421,467,501)
bootES(a)
bootES(b)

Re: confidence intervals for the difference between group means

Prof. Dr. Matthias Kohl
you could try:

library(MKinfer)
meanDiffCI(a, b, boot = TRUE)

Best
Matthias

Am 04.08.20 um 16:08 schrieb varin sacha via R-help:

> Dear R-experts,
>
> Using the bootES package I can easily calculate the bootstrap confidence intervals of the means like in the toy example here below. Now, I am looking for the confidence intervals for the difference between group means. In my case, the point estimate of the mean difference is 64.4. I am looking at the 95% confidence intervals around this point estimate (64.4).
>
> Many thanks for your response.
>
> ############
> library(bootES)
> a<-c(523,435,478,567,654)
> b<-c(423,523,421,467,501)
> bootES(a)
> bootES(b)

Prof. Dr. Matthias Kohl
www.stamats.de

Re: confidence intervals for the difference between group means

R help mailing list-2
Dear Matthias,

Many thanks for your response.

Best,
SV

Le mardi 4 août 2020 à 16:22:41 UTC+2, Prof. Dr. Matthias Kohl <[hidden email]> a écrit :

you could try:

library(MKinfer)
meanDiffCI(a, b, boot = TRUE)

Best
Matthias

Am 04.08.20 um 16:08 schrieb varin sacha via R-help:

> Dear R-experts,
>
> Using the bootES package I can easily calculate the bootstrap confidence intervals of the means like in the toy example here below. Now, I am looking for the confidence intervals for the difference between group means. In my case, the point estimate of the mean difference is 64.4. I am looking at the 95% confidence intervals around this point estimate (64.4).
>
> Many thanks for your response.

> library(bootES)
> a<-c(523,435,478,567,654)
> b<-c(423,523,421,467,501)