This post has NOT been accepted by the mailing list yet.
I hope this is a simple question, but on much reading I cannot find the answer. On a Linux Fedora14 platform I managed to install the mclust (cluster analysis) package. It is working. I successfully ran the diabetes example in which there is a file diabetes.rda But I cannot find how to convert my data.csv file to a suitable data.rda file. I receive improper object errors or something to that effect. So I am not converting my csv to a proper object. I have tried various save commands and as.matrix commands, but something is missing. My .csv file has the usual format of a top line with column names and there are nine columns and 589 rows of data or 590 rows to include the column names (header). The file is tab delimited, but I could convert to comma delimited. The file looks something like the below.