convert deldir$delsgs to a X3D IndexedTriangleSet

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

convert deldir$delsgs to a X3D IndexedTriangleSet

Erdal Karaca-2
Anyone knows how to convert a deldir$delsgs to a X3D IndexedTriangleSet?
Are there already any functions/packages?

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: convert deldir$delsgs to a X3D IndexedTriangleSet

Erdal Karaca-2
Oh, sorry: X3D is an interchange format for 3D scenes (s [1])...
X3D's IndexedTriangleSet is a visual component to describe a complex figure
to be visualized by triangles (s. [2])

I would like to triangulate a pointset (2.5D DEM consisting of xy coords
and height) using deldir and convert the result back to a
IndexedTriangelSet to visualize in a X3D browser.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X3D
[2]
http://www.web3d.org/files/specifications/19775-1/V3.2/Part01/components/rendering.html#IndexedTriangleSet

2012/7/19 Rolf Turner <[hidden email]>

> On 19/07/12 01:13, Erdal Karaca wrote:
>
>> Anyone knows how to convert a deldir$delsgs to a X3D IndexedTriangleSet?
>> Are there already any functions/packages?
>>
>>
> If I knew WTF a "X3D IndexedTriangleSet" was, I might be able
> to help you.  To quote Prof. Ripley,  "R is lacking a mind_read()
> function!"
>
>     cheers,
>
>         Rolf Turner
>
>

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: convert deldir$delsgs to a X3D IndexedTriangleSet

Rolf Turner-3
On 19/07/12 18:36, Erdal Karaca wrote:

> Oh, sorry: X3D is an interchange format for 3D scenes (s [1])...
> X3D's IndexedTriangleSet is a visual component to describe a complex
> figure to be visualized by triangles (s. [2])
>
> I would like to triangulate a pointset (2.5D DEM consisting of xy
> coords and height) using deldir and convert the result back to a
> IndexedTriangelSet to visualize in a X3D browser.
>
> [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X3D
> [2]
> http://www.web3d.org/files/specifications/19775-1/V3.2/Part01/components/rendering.html#IndexedTriangleSet
>
> 2012/7/19 Rolf Turner <[hidden email]
> <mailto:[hidden email]>>
>
>     On 19/07/12 01:13, Erdal Karaca wrote:
>
>         Anyone knows how to convert a deldir$delsgs to a X3D
>         IndexedTriangleSet?
>         Are there already any functions/packages?
>
>
>     If I knew WTF a "X3D IndexedTriangleSet" was, I might be able
>     to help you.  To quote Prof. Ripley,  "R is lacking a mind_read()
>     function!"
>

This seems to be an X3D question rather than an R question.  I can,
and would be willing to, write code to convert output from deldir()
into an R object of any appropriate form.  I am not willing to write
code to output an R object to a text file in a format amenable
for use by X3D.  Which seems to be what you want.

I don't think that would be too hard to do, for someone familiar
with the X3D protocol --- just use a lot of calls to cat() perhaps
--- but it's not my job and I have other things to do with my time.

     cheers,

         Rolf Turner

P. S. If you just want code to convert deldir output to a convenient form
of *R object*, let me know clear and precise specifications of what you
want the form to be --- with an *example* of an object of the appropriate
form (use dput()) --- and I'll see what I can do.

         R. T.

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: convert deldir$delsgs to a X3D IndexedTriangleSet

Erdal Karaca-2
 Oh, I dont want anyone to do anything for me. I am just asking for
hints/infos to be able to do it myself...
I was hoping that someone has already done this...
But anyways, I will post my solution once I have succeeded...

Thanks for the support!


2012/7/19 Rolf Turner <[hidden email]>

>  On 19/07/12 18:36, Erdal Karaca wrote:
>
> Oh, sorry: X3D is an interchange format for 3D scenes (s [1])...
>  X3D's IndexedTriangleSet is a visual component to describe a complex
> figure to be visualized by triangles (s. [2])
>
>  I would like to triangulate a pointset (2.5D DEM consisting of xy coords
> and height) using deldir and convert the result back to a
> IndexedTriangelSet to visualize in a X3D browser.
>
>  [1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/X3D
> [2]
> http://www.web3d.org/files/specifications/19775-1/V3.2/Part01/components/rendering.html#IndexedTriangleSet
>
> 2012/7/19 Rolf Turner <[hidden email]>
>
>> On 19/07/12 01:13, Erdal Karaca wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone knows how to convert a deldir$delsgs to a X3D IndexedTriangleSet?
>>> Are there already any functions/packages?
>>>
>>>
>>  If I knew WTF a "X3D IndexedTriangleSet" was, I might be able
>> to help you.  To quote Prof. Ripley,  "R is lacking a mind_read()
>> function!"
>>
>
> This seems to be an X3D question rather than an R question.  I can,
> and would be willing to, write code to convert output from deldir()
> into an R object of any appropriate form.  I am not willing to write
> code to output an R object to a text file in a format amenable
> for use by X3D.  Which seems to be what you want.
>
> I don't think that would be too hard to do, for someone familiar
> with the X3D protocol --- just use a lot of calls to cat() perhaps
> --- but it's not my job and I have other things to do with my time.
>
>     cheers,
>
>         Rolf Turner
>
> P. S. If you just want code to convert deldir output to a convenient form
> of *R object*, let me know clear and precise specifications of what you
> want the form to be --- with an *example* of an object of the appropriate
> form (use dput()) --- and I'll see what I can do.
>
>         R. T.
>

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: convert deldir$delsgs to a X3D IndexedTriangleSet

Rolf Turner-3
On 19/07/12 20:40, Erdal Karaca wrote:
> Oh, I dont want anyone to do anything for me. I am just asking for
> hints/infos to be able to do it myself...
> I was hoping that someone has already done this...
> But anyways, I will post my solution once I have succeeded...

If you haven't already looked at it, you may find it helpful to experiment
with the "triang.list()" function and the "z" argument to "deldir()".

If I understand correctly what you are after, the output of triang.list()
may go some way toward providing it.

     cheers,

         Rolf Turner

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: convert deldir$delsgs to a X3D IndexedTriangleSet

Erdal Karaca-2
I have managed to use the tripack package which is a bit simpler to use
(for me) and performs better (timely)...

##################################################
# inputFile format: x y z
inputFile <- "d:\\inputfile.xyz.txt"

# output file will contain a x3d scene embedded in a html file to be viewed
in a browser supporting WebGL/X3DOM
outputFile <- "d:\\scene.x3d.html"

library(tripack)
points <- read.table( inputFile )
mesh <- tri.mesh(x, y)
tris <- triangles(mesh)
nodes <- cbind(tris[,1], tris[,2], tris[,3])

write("<html><head><link rel='stylesheet' type='text/css' href='
http://www.x3dom.org/download/x3dom.css'></link></head><body>
<X3D profile='Interchange'
style='width:100%;height100%'><Scene><Transform><Shape DEF='river'>
<Appearance><Material ambientIntensity='0.0' diffuseColor='0.7 0.4 0'
shininess='1.0'/></Appearance>
<IndexedTriangleSet index='", file=outputFile, append=FALSE)
write.table(nodes, file=outputFile, row.names=FALSE, col.names=FALSE,
append = TRUE)
write("'><Coordinate point='", file=outputFile, append=TRUE)
write.table(cbind(x,y,z), file=outputFile, row.names=FALSE,
col.names=FALSE, append = TRUE)
write("'/></IndexedTriangleSet></Shape></Transform></Scene></X3D>
<script type='text/javascript'
src='http://www.x3dom.org/download/x3dom.js'></script></body></html>",
file=outputFile, append=TRUE)

##################################################

2012/7/20 Rolf Turner <[hidden email]>

> On 19/07/12 20:40, Erdal Karaca wrote:
>
>> Oh, I dont want anyone to do anything for me. I am just asking for
>> hints/infos to be able to do it myself...
>> I was hoping that someone has already done this...
>> But anyways, I will post my solution once I have succeeded...
>>
>
> If you haven't already looked at it, you may find it helpful to experiment
> with the "triang.list()" function and the "z" argument to "deldir()".
>
> If I understand correctly what you are after, the output of triang.list()
> may go some way toward providing it.
>
>     cheers,
>
>         Rolf Turner
>

        [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

______________________________________________
[hidden email] mailing list
https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.