cspade {arulesSequences} error

reichmaj
R-Help

When I run the cspade function from the arulesSequences package...

s1 <- cspade(trans_matrix, parameter = list(support = 0.3), control =
list(verbose = TRUE))

#s1 <- cspade(trans_matrix, parameter = list(support = 0.3), control =
list(verbose = TRUE), tmpdir = "C:\\Temp")

I receive the following error .

error in file (con, "r"): cannot open the connection. cannot open file
'D:\Temp\cspade13403a927eaa.out': no such file or directory

now the program works just fine at home so the issue is with my  work
computer.  I suspect its some sort of read/write issue but the functions
seems to write the files out just fine then deletes them and errors out.

Any suggestions

Jeff Reichamn

Re: cspade {arulesSequences} error

Abby Spurdle
> s1 <- cspade(trans_matrix, parameter = list(support = 0.3), control =
> list(verbose = TRUE))

> error in file (con, "r"): cannot open the connection. cannot open file
> 'D:\Temp\cspade13403a927eaa.out': no such file or directory

Note that you haven't provided a fully reproducible example.
(As I don't know what trans_matrix is, and I'm not sure at what point the
error message is generated, which is important).

I installed the lasted versions of arules and arulesSequences.
I tried to run one of the examples from the cspade() function's
documentation.
It ran without any problems.

Also note the location "D:\Temp" is suspicious. This is not where I would
expect temporary files to be created, and makes me suspect there's
something (somewhere on your computer) that's not typical. This could
include your working directory, startup script files (if any), environment
variables (if any) or other parts of your R code, or any OS settings.

Sorry, I know that's not the most helpful answer...

Re: cspade {arulesSequences} error

Peter Dalgaard-2
Antivirus checkers sometimes temporarily move new files to a "safe location" for checking. That can produce this kind of effect.

-pd

> On 24 May 2019, at 00:00 , [hidden email] wrote:
>
> R-Help
>

> When I run the cspade function from the arulesSequences package...
>

> s1 <- cspade(trans_matrix, parameter = list(support = 0.3), control =
> list(verbose = TRUE))
>
> #s1 <- cspade(trans_matrix, parameter = list(support = 0.3), control =
> list(verbose = TRUE), tmpdir = "C:\\Temp")
>

> I receive the following error .
>
> error in file (con, "r"): cannot open the connection. cannot open file
> 'D:\Temp\cspade13403a927eaa.out': no such file or directory
>

> now the program works just fine at home so the issue is with my  work
> computer.  I suspect its some sort of read/write issue but the functions
> seems to write the files out just fine then deletes them and errors out.
>

> Any suggestions
>

> Jeff Reichamn

Peter Dalgaard, Professor,
Phone: (+45)38153501
Office: A 4.23

Re: cspade {arulesSequences} error

reichmaj
Abby

My code runs just fine at home but when I transfer it to work and rerun it error out at the line shown. Even errors out when I try the example sin the package documentation. So I’m pretty sure is isn’t my code but rather how our IT folks have configured our work systems. Peter Dalgaard suggested that it might be our antivirus so I will look into that. As far as the D:\Temp location I changed that from the default thinking it may have been a read/write issue with my system.

Jeff