date data in spss

ami

date data in spss

ami
Hi, how are you? Is there anybody who can help me?
I have a problem with spss. I have two date data. I want to compute the duration between the first date data and the second date data. Is this possible to operate this operation by using spss program?
And if it is possible, how should we do to perform that operation.
Thank you in previous advance for your attention. I'm waiting for your reply.

Yogyakarta, 7/02/2011
Ami

Re: date data in spss

Paul Artes
You would have been better off posting this on an SPSS list.

SPSS dates are stored in seconds (see the manual).
(Date1 - Date2) / (365.24 * 24 * 60 * 60) will give you the interval in years.

Paul